silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone,

I posted this already, but it was in the wrong forum and mixed in with a bunch of other stuff. The quality of this piece is really high and I have not been able to find one like it. I'm also curious about the date.

So here is what I know:
- Its from the Totem of the Eagle aka Improved Order of Redmen (I sent them some pics to see if they could tell me more)

- it's 10K and for 50 years of service

- diamond looks real to me

- one of the other pins I bought with this one was from the 40s

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? Is there a way to date it? Maybe by the screw on back? Any idea of value?

On another note, if anyone is a Scottish Rite Masonic Member, can you send me a private message.

bill

IMG_20160827_234129.jpg
IMG_20160831_203248.jpg
IMG_20160831_203431.jpg
IMG_20160831_214917.jpg

OP
OP
S

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never heard back from Improved Order for Redmen. Someone on this board must know something about this!

Reason I am asking about masons is that I want to join, but I do not know any masons. Figure there must be a few on here.

thx,
bill

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure where you live, but here in Maryland, the Masons are actually advertising for new members. Quite the change for the "secret society".

Based on your listed location of "Dirty Jerz" I would try www.newjerseygrandlodge.org, they have a section on their site about becoming a Mason.

Last edited:

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once found about 5 Loyal order of Moose (another fraternal organization) pins on a hat I bought, a few of them ended up being 10k gold with diamonds like yours. I ended up selling them for a total of $150-$180 if I remember correctly. So they can be very valuable.

I think the screw back means it is fairly old, or it just means it is a Tie tack. I'll bet you could get at least $50 out of it, theres not another like it on ebay.

OP
OP
S

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Keith....thx for the info.

@Digg....no marking on the screw back.

@Baltimore....yes, I think $50 should be no problem, maybe more. However, for some reason I really like this one. Will most likely keep and sell the others.

OP
OP
S

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heard back from them:

Thank you for your recent email inquiry.

Great piece. It is probably one that California Red Men produced and made available to tribes. They often “invented” their own pins and badges and didn’t use the official ones from the national organization.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Outstanding find Bill
In downtown Watkins Glen N.Y. there is an old building with Improved Order of Redmen on it .
I found a watch fob with that on it posted it here years ago.
I googled it and found out a lot about the Order,i`m sure you have too.
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread