Improved Pro-find 35 variant from Minelab?

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was watching a youtube video the other day about the Pro-find 35; the guy is from Great Britain and he was showing a side-by-side comparison of two Pro-find 35 pinpointers and there are a few improved differences which totally surprised me since this video wasn't very old and Minelab just released the 40. He pointed out 3 differences and explained them as improvements.
1. The battery cap has very pronounced scallops like the new 40 battery cap.
2. The speaker holes are noticeably larger
3. The ridges on the grip area are wider and the raised areas around the power/sensitivity buttons are more raised.
I contacted numerous dealers and even emailed some of them the link to this video and no one had heard anything about these improvements. I was able to talk to Minelab and while they didn't acknowledge this, they also did not deny it but told me there is only one SKU number for the Pro-find 35. Not the answer I was looking for.
Well, I had some reward points on my Cabelas Club Visa and Cabelas will price match plus 5%. All said and done, $81.40 and the best part....it's one of the upgraded ones!!! So, these do exist afterall. IMG_6554.jpg IMG_6555.jpg IMG_6556.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread