In a slump

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
Not much for show and tell lately. I've been in a slump. Not getting skunked but not much silver either. My last box of halves was interesting thou. The oldest coin in the box was a 1997. I would guess that it came from the bottom of the stack uncovered after 9 years. Still only 2 40%ers as far as silver goes. Did get my second 74-D DDO thou. I had been wondering if there were any left after the rest of you guys picked thru them.

Its interesting how these things come and go in cycles. In August every box I picked up had way more than average silver. This month slim pickings

Upvote 0

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been there recently. Last two boxes from my bank produced exactly zilch, no silver, no proofs and no errors. :-\

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel your pain. I stopped at a bank I never noticed before and got all $96 worth of halves they had. When the teller told me, "These have been here FOREVER!" I nearly hyperventilated. Made it all the way to my car before feverishly beginning to unroll them.

ONE (1) 40% (1968)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I laughingly told my wife the story and she told me that 'forever' means something totally different to those 20-something tellers than it does to us older folks!

Keep trying!

Phillip

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
I second that pain !

I get $1000 per week, and after going 8 boxes in a row with zilch - I have vastly improved to 1 per box for 5 boxes, and 2 per box out of 2 other full boxes. With my best in the last 2 months, being 7 keepers. Ouch.

Ill report after my ordering switch to a new coin service at new bank. Fingers crossed.

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
This is just a reminder to not lose faith if you get skunked a few times. I seriously thought my bank / coin service was cleaned out, and I actually told the teller to stop ordering. People kept saying they come and go, but I didnt really believe it. Just believe it - I almost missed the boat had I cancelled the previous week like I planned, but forgot to. Then Whammo... see my recent post ;D It will come.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions