In Lexington on Business next week, are there any good places to hunt?

fllawboy

Feb 19, 2008
Weston, Florida
Detector(s) used
White MXT/Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to be in Lexington next week on business may have a few hours a day to do some hunting, any recomendations? Any laws or regulations I need to be aware of? If anyone is free to hunt, let me know. Most likely be free to hunt Wed afternoon and all day thursday. Thanks :thumbsup:

Mac232

Aug 18, 2007
Greasy Creek , TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Frodov is from there , but he,s on vacation in a beach area right now , maybe he will see this and help you out .

alpha78

Dec 6, 2007
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White`s dfx
You might try The Red Mile on South Broadway. The parking lot area was used for many years as the site of the Lions Bluegrass Fair Midway. The parking area that was used for the midway is still there and is all in grass. The Lions Club used this site all thru the 60`s and the first half of the 70`s. Check with Harvey Taylor as he is head of security at the race track.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figure one of two things:

Either you are out for some oldies--and will do some research on the Lexington area prior to your trip...

OR

You hunt clad--in which case you could just get a map from your hotel and hit the parks, parking lots, and tot lots.

alpha78

Dec 6, 2007
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White`s dfx
PS, The Red Mile Race Track has been in use every year since 1878 to present.
This site will yield more then just clad coins. Prior to the Lions Club the Lexington Fair association held their first fair there in 1879 and every year therafter until the late 50`s. At which point the Lions Club took over and started the Bluegrass Fair.

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
Hunted a field once off of Man-O-War Blvd near Versailles Rd. Found one Civil War 3-ringer and didn't get a chance to go back! Check around in this area and maybe you can get permission to detect one of the farms!

Good luck!
Cavers5

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread