sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro/DP, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy all. I've never posted a thread like this, but thought it couldn't hurt. I'm in Mariposa CA today. Just got here and looking for some areas to hunt. If anyone in the area wants to meet up, give me a shout! I really don't want to drive the extra half hour into briceburg (my usual spot for this area). I want to just do some coin/relic hunting in this old gold town ;) lemme know! Thanks

The Sgt

Upvote 0
OP
OP
sgtled3533

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, ended up going to briceburg! Y'all missed out! Good hot day in the field [emoji106]🏻

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Most md'rs up in that part of CA are strictly nuggets these days. Ever since the "bug" bit in the mid to late 1980s, the coin/relic guys up there all switched over to nuggets.

OP
OP
sgtled3533

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most md'rs up in that part of CA are strictly nuggets these days. Ever since the "bug" bit in the mid to late 1980s, the coin/relic guys up there all switched over to nuggets.

Yeah you're right Tom. Lots of "Nugget shooters" round those parts. I had been contemplating going to this old gold mine I've been researching and I ended up heading out that way. I didn't have all day, but was glad to have finally made the drive/hike out to the mine. Got a nice V-nickel and a small nugget (2.5 grams) and a lot of other relics and trash. Good little mission. Can't wait to get out there on a day where I can stay for a while [emoji106]🏻

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread