" In Memory"

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Cleaned the small oval find, from yesterday with the letters on. The only way I could read it, was by looking at the back where the letters were indented. I did this using a mirror and a looking glass (very Sherlock Holmes). The words on the find actually say " In memory of my dear father". Never had anything like this before. Think I will put it back where I found it. Robert.

Attachments

• IMG_7791.JPG
    IMG_7791.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 12

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Haunting...... I believe I'd put it back as well.

Though it is a great find, and it looks very old. Maybe it is just better to allow it to "rest in peace".

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually, maybe I'm peculiar or overly sensitive - it gave me the willies when I read it. If mine, I don't believe I'd ever feel comfortable with it. What did the natives say in the old Tarzan movies? Bad Juju Bwana.....

However, the negative stuff out of the way, that was a great find! Maybe say a little prayer as you lay it to rest - hopefully very near where you found it.

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Actually, maybe I'm peculiar or overly sensitive - it gave me the willies when I read it. If mine, I don't believe I'd ever feel comfortable with it. What did the natives say in the old Tarzan movies? Bad Juju Bwana.....

However, the negative stuff out of the way, that was a great find! Maybe say a little prayer as you lay it to rest - hopefully very near where you found it.
Cheers Deepseeker :icon_thumleft:. The natives also used to say un gowa (or was that Tarzan) a lot, not sure what that meant though.:laughing7:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh wow,I'm getting good chills reading this. I think it very honorable that you put it back where you found it.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Cheers Deepseeker :icon_thumleft:. The natives also used to say un gowa (or was that Tarzan) a lot, not sure what that meant though.:laughing7:

Watched "Tarzan The Fearless (1933)" on Youtube the other day. It was the natives who said "un gowa bwana", and I'll never be sure what that meant!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread