In my own backyard

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
So I started out in the woods behind my house, knowing where I was going. First thing I found was either a dress sword buckle, or a rifle strap buckle, going to check it in the what is it section. Also a tool, and 2 shotgun casings (not shown) because they are common.

Then I came back, but uh oh! I've been walking for like 2 miles when I was like 300 yards from my barn. Where am I? I was hopelessly lost in the woods for over an hour. I had to call my parents to come over to the house and honk the horn so I could follow the sound. At first it was too faint to hear, then it slowly got a tiny bit louder. Finally made it home, but I ended up in who knows where. Just glad to be home.

While in the woods I found either an old 1700's house site, or an encampment. I've been to historic encampments before and this was exactly like it, but about double the size. I just wanted to go home, so I didn't bother searching it.

Attachments

• lostinthewoods1.jpg
    lostinthewoods1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 759
  • lostinthewoods2.jpg
    lostinthewoods2.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 755
  • lostinthewoods3.jpg
    lostinthewoods3.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 768
  • lostinthewoods4.jpg
    lostinthewoods4.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 747
Upvote 0

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
Looks like a old set of kline pliers..The co. started in 1857

Attachments

• First-PLIERS-web-h140px.jpg
    First-PLIERS-web-h140px.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 693

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Looks like you need a GPS. Find that spot again & then you can mark it!

Hopefully it's on land you can get permission to hunt.....

Sounds like a spot you can really have fun at.

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Relicdude: thanks so it may or may not be old. It was on the top of the ground. So either its old and was recently dropped, or it's not old.

kimsdad: Well most of it is my property, not sure if that site is on mine or not, but as far back in the woods as it is, no one can hear the beeping of the detector.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Looks like Kline pliers . I had a pair just like them except not as rusty.
Dman ;D

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man be careful, being lost can turn ugly real fast. :o Imagine if you got cut real bad and were still lost. :o Yea get a GPS or mark your way with ribbin tide to trees.

Cool finds, happy your safe ! ;D

Be safe, keep @ it and HH!!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe you should be watching Bear Grills survivor show every week ;D Really.... you better be careful as we would hate to read about you on the news. It's no joke if you get lost . The last guy I hunted for was a Marine in 1988 in 29 Palms,Ca. who became lost in the mojave desert. He made national news when his body was found 1/4 mile from interstate 40 near Ludlow, California 3 months later. True story. :-\

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's soo easy to not pay attention to where you are going while hunting in the woods. It's like everything else gets tuned out. :P Glad you found your way back..and DO get that GPS before you go back and hunt that foundation! ;D

Nana :wink:

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
I do have a GPS but it's lame. I guess it would be helpful, but it seems to only know streets and not in the middle of the woods :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread