In need of serious help

Mar 29, 2015
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand shark,Detector Pro, Bounty hunter, vib 730
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. my family and I are looking to get a new detector and would love to hear your thoughts on a few that meet our price range. Also how well their customer service is if you know. They are the (Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II) (Tesoro Sand Shark or Tiger shark) Those are what we will be able to afford when I get my taxes back in a few days. I was also curious about the (surf master pi from whites) but admit I would have to wait and save a few more months to be able to afforded the extra cost.

Now we are looking for a machine that would be great for underwater hunting here in SW Florida.

As I said if the devil danced in empty pockets he'd have a ball in ours, so any info on what would be the best investment in the long run would be deeply appreciated.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO .
One of the Tesoro Models.
"Bang for the Buck"

billyjoe42

May 10, 2007
Placer Co, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, White's M6, Gray Ghost Amphibians, Sun Ray Gold, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have enjoyed good success with Tesoro Tiger shark; in water & on land. Very versatile unit, with short learning curve; also carries lifetime warranty. Good Luck out there :).

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ditto on the Tesoro. Very well-made, and lifetime guarantee.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tiger Shark isn't good for salt water, so in the Tesoro line, it would have to be a Sand Shark. It's a PI though, so no discrimination. If I were in your situation, I would buy an Minelab Excalibur.

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Own both the Sae Hunter and DetectorPro Underwater. Both great detectors. My new DP Underwater is so light in the hand I could swing it all day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread