chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there is more street/sidewalk construction in the area... I only got to hunt for an hour or so yesterday... but it looks promising...

lots of trash... several brass pieces... 3 Model T/A Valve Stem covers and the best one I ever dug and a toasty toasty 1898 Indian Head Penny! its not a lot but its still good when you have find 100+ year old coins and relics!

The last picture is of all the brass I found.... except the horse shoe... it actually unique... it is a very small horseshoe its smaller than my hand, but made of iron

Chukers

Attachments

• air.JPG
    air.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,111
  • air 2.JPG
    air 2.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,125
  • 1898 IH.JPG
    1898 IH.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,224
  • all brass.JPG
    all brass.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,213
Upvote 0

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Chuckers,The Thrill of The Hunt,ya never know what is going to show up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How often do you hunt?Good show!! God Bless Chris

fireman4youu

Oct 11, 2006
Millbrook, AL
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I have found one of those tiny horseshoes before. I was told they came off working goats...what ever that means..I have no clue....

good stuff..

Zach

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
model t one part at time, nice finds

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
worldtalker said:
Chuckers,The Thrill of The Hunt,ya never know what is going to show up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How often do you hunt?Good show!! God Bless Chris

Thanks!

I usually get out 4 to 6 times a week 1 to 3 hours each time... but I don't always find good stuff I would say 1 to 2 times out of 5 I find keepers.

Chukers

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
chukers said:
worldtalker said:

Thanks!

I usually get out 4 to 6 times a week 1 to 3 hours each time... but I don't always find good stuff I would say 1 to 2 times out of 5 I find keepers.

Chukers
I am Thankful I get out 5hr. a day,them keepers makes it all worth while,exersize ain't bad either! :walk:

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for posting pics. Just a few weeks ago I unearthed what I thought was maybe an old screwdriver handle or something similar. However, after seeing your pics of the model T valve I now realize that this is what I found. Thanks buddy!

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Aint a horse shoe. It's a mule shoe. Mules and donkeys have different shaped feet than a horse, straighter side walls.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mjc_lakedweller said:
Thanks for posting pics. Just a few weeks ago I unearthed what I thought was maybe an old screwdriver handle or something similar. However, after seeing your pics of the model T valve I now realize that this is what I found. Thanks buddy!

I have found quite a few of them... and I just realized something with these finds... that nut looking thing at the bottom of the middle one... I have found even more of those now I know what they are... I guess they break off the valve stem cover pretty easily.

your welcome!

Theakiki

Dec 28, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was street side yesterday.I found something that looks like the object next to the top, right of the shoe. Mine looks copper. Any idea what that is? Got a better picture of it?

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theakiki said:
I was street side yesterday.I found something that looks like the object next to the top, right of the shoe. Mine looks copper. Any idea what that is? Got a better picture of it?

This thing?

Attachments

• strip.JPG
    strip.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 787

Theakiki

Dec 28, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry, no. In the upper photo, It's below the left tip of that metal strip you just showed me.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theakiki said:
Sorry, no. In the upper photo, It's below the left tip of that metal strip you just showed me.

That is a lipstick case top... I think... Its brass... I'll look at it closer...

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is this one of those model A/T tire valve stem covers also ? Seems big for that,was supposing a brush handle of some sort. If its a car part i want to know ! ;D

TIA,
CARM

Attachments

• modelat tirevalve stem coverwhat.JPG
    modelat tirevalve stem coverwhat.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,041

Thunderchild

Sep 24, 2011
N. Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD/ AT Pro / Whites TDI SL / Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks promising indeed! keep hitting it.

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
That nice valve stem cover looks like it has U.S.A. PATENT on it at the bottom, I didn't know they had any writing on them. HH

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MKnTenn said:
That nice valve stem cover looks like it has U.S.A. PATENT on it at the bottom, I didn't know they had any writing on them. HH

Woot! I see "Schrader" and "valve"and "USA" on mine. Probably will be able to see more later after gentle washing. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread