In the water

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First times out in the water for me this season, ....it's obvious that it wasn't the first time for others. Had to work alot harder than "normal" for these things, it seems folks are keeping an eye on they're gold just like last season and there's a few more folks with MD's this season too. One good thing though, not much of any metallic trash around.

fb29cb65.jpg

No gold, just a big copper junker(had high hopes for about a millisecond!), a tungsten carbide(looked good, super heavy!), a tungsten(triple dang!) and a maybe silver "beana"(beana?) ...better than gettin totally skunked
03fb4522.jpg

And one verizon Gzone cell phone
930043a3.jpg

It still works!
5edc8999.jpg

No good stuff or anything of entertainment value on it, dry'd it off with the shop vac, called the "my phone #" number and the happy owner show'd up late last night to pic it up. Been in the water for a day and a half, at a beach that usually rock tumbles the snot out of anything on the bottom, if ya need a waterproof phone, i'd recommend this one!

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
Nice for the first day mang! I lagged this year for sure...only been in the water 2x so far (did find a 10k band tho)and even on land I maybe have been out 5x in the last 2 months...I blame it on Call of Duty Black Ops!

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see that you were finally able to get out Ryan.

Even though the rings aren't gold, they're still nice to see in the basket just the same :icon_thumleft:

jersey devl said:
I maybe have been out 5x in the last 2 months...I blame it on Call of Duty Black Ops!

At least we know you're still alive and kickin' JD

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I love finding any kind of rings!! it's the thrill of seeing it for the first time w/ HUGE hopes! I'm addicted to that feeling!

I got out Saturday to FINALLY hunt the civil-war era house grounds...man it's LOADED with DEEP, OLD crap...it's going to take me forever to clear the 30 acres! AND I learned that there was an OLD dumpsite on the back of the property...so there's another element to this site. naw, I didn't take any photos because the oldest coin I've found is 1981:(

i'm hoping to pillage the Ohio waters SOON!!!!!

HH all:)

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice group of rings RC. I'll trade you my stainless for your tungsten. :D Gold is a rare find this year. Not to get better anytime soon. HH Kevin

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on all those rings.

adeptr

Aug 4, 2010
Elkhart, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Older Garrett GTA 350, Newer Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! I've never hunted in water before but I'd like to. Found 11 rings so far this year...two are silver and the rest junkers but rings are cool! Your photo of them in the scoop really looks nice. Way to go!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread