Incident Report: Dream Box Investigation

smittyw

Jan 6, 2011
Dover, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Cheapo
Crime Scene: A white, one story, concrete block building being used as a bank with the entrance facing north, located on the northeast corner of Main St. and Central Ave., in Berry City USA.

Reconstruction: Known W/M subject entered said location at approximately 10:30am on 10-Oct-12, and approached teller A, and requested his previously ordered box of half dollars. Subject exited the bank after paying for said box and with the box firmly in his arms, fled to a waiting vehicle. Based on below witness interviews, subject hurriedly began ripping open the box and shredding wrapping paper from the rolls of half dollars. Loud whoops of joy could be head coming from inside the vehicle as the unwrapping continued and lasted until the subject drove away from the scene.

Investigation: Consisted of interviewing witnesses, searching the parking area of the crime scene noting that no paper wrappers were discarded in the parking area and then completing a neighborhood check with no further positive results. Writer did note a trail of what appeared to be a yellow liquid leading out of the parking lot as if someone peed his pants, possibly after locating a load of silver that could have been contained in a Dream Box of half dollars.
An alert was issued for the known subject in the effort to insure that he had not succumbed to a heart attack through his apparent excitement.

Interview Teller A: Teller A advised that the known subject, who regularly frequents his bank and bugs the pants off of all the tellers asking for half dollars but often drops off a lot of really nice candy, entered the bank at approximately the above stated time and approached Teller A. Subject purchased a box of half dollars. The subject mentioned that the box was probably just another skunk, but thanks anyway. He then left the bank and went to his car.

Interview Bank Customer Mary Watchitall: Mary stated that she observed an old goofy looking guy exit the bank carrying what appeared to be a heavy brown paper box and hurriedly get into his a vehicle. Since Mary watches it all, she observed the old goofy guy rip up the box and begin shredding paper rolls and after almost every roll shredded he would make wild animal noises, bounce up and down in his seat and whoop with joy. Mary said she could see the gleam of what appeared to be many silver colored coins passing through the subjects hands as he opened the rolls. After a few minutes the old guy drove away leaving a trail of yellow liquid flowing from the drivers door.

Update: A traffic stop was conducted at approximately 1100 am by a motorcycle unit and the old goofy guy was located. It was learned that the yellow liquid that poured from his car was actually from a spilled bottle of Melly Yellow soft drink that had been knocked over as he was excitedly jumping around in his vehicle after finding ****97 90% silver half dollars, the vast majority being Walking Liberty and Ben Franklin halves and a few 1964 Kennedy's, plus 7 40% half dollars, including a 1970D****.
To make things even more exciting for the goofy old guy was the find in the very last roll he checked of a very nice **** 1877 Seated Liberty Half Dollar****.
It was determined that no offense was committed except for a bad case of over excitement. Photos were taken of the found half dollars and will be posted at a slightly later date.

Conclusion
: This case is exceptionally cleared.

HH to all. Pics below

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
smittyw

smittyw

Jan 6, 2011
Dover, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Cheapo
Thanks to all of you for your replies. The box was real and I did some searching in the car at the bank parking lot but when I got a look at a few of the rolls and what they contained (8 90% in one of them), I made a bee line home to open the rest. I thought that telling the story in the above manner might bring a few chuckles and liven up the post a bit. It reflects on my former profession as to the format and no, I did not get pulled over, thank goodness, though I was in a bit of a hurry. Retirement can have it pleasures, ha. I really did spill a coke when I found the 1877 and it coming in the very last roll I opened was the perfect kicker to a really great box. I hope the silver Goddess will smile on all of you equally well in future boxes of your own. Happy Hunting.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Great story and Epic box there Smitty! HH, Maverick.

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
Man, I'd be pleased seeing that in a coin shop, much less actually finding it CRH'ing. Sincere congrats!

Rascal

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Smitty,
Congrats on a great score!.....and story. Just proves that I'm right...."It's out there for the finding"
All the best,
rileyboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread