Incredible 2 boxes of halves (for me, anyway)

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Got a pair of boxes of halves last week, finally found time to go through them last night. I'd been on a major skunk streak lately, or near skunk at least.

I had ordered 2 boxes from a major bank a few weeks ago. Last week they called me up, saying my boxes were here. I hadn't ordered them, but figured I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. When I got there the head teller told me she went ahead and ordered 2 boxes for me, and would continue to do so until I told her to stop. Gotta love that - never happened to me before.

Anyway, out of the first two boxes I only got 2 40%'ers - about par for the course, as I've averaged one 40% half per box lately. The boxes this week were different. First box I got a 64 and a 62 Franklin, in addition to a 67. The second box had 3 more 64's, a 65, 66, 68, and 69. ;D Plus a 2001 $10 Turn of the Millenium Commemorative Mexican coin (only worth $0.81, but pretty cool looking), and a 2005 Dominican Republic 25 Peso piece. Also a weird coin/token I've never seen before, about the size of a half, looks copper with a picture of what looks like a baseball player on one side, nothing on the other - possibly a batting cage token.

Possibly best of all was a 1982P half with no 'FG' in great condition. Someone started a thread about those, and I've been cursing their name, as it has caused me to spend considerably more time looking at 72, 73, and 82 halves for that stupid lack of 'FG'. After awhile I began to think they were a myth, till I found this one. I've looked at it through a loupe, and the 'FG' was never there - not just worn off.

Anyway, like they say, it's still out there. Don't give up hope, no matter how bad the skunks get - Clovis, I'm talking to you! :wink:

Upvote 0

tmjones550

Aug 16, 2011
Awesome score.when you were a teller did you find slot of silver or make any big scores?

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on those boxes. Hang in there, persistence pays off. :icon_thumleft:
Best wishes,
Steve

Top Member Reactions