Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That pommel is freaking gorgeous!!! and the buttons, great shape.. Nice hunt..
I was out in the iron today, it wipes you out listening to the machine gun all day!!! Lol.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that pommel is incredible. I'm still in awe of the gorgeous patina on everything that you've dug there

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome, Fantastic and killer hunt! The pommel is a beautiful piece of history! You found so many relics, I lost track! Congratulations!

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Mid Atlantic / East coast
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes the patina on much of the stuff is just gorgeous. I'm headed back tomorrow but saving our new area for my wife when we go on Wed.

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Cools finds CP!

The Head Light button is a button used in overalls and was made in Detroit Michigan by the Larned, Carter Company. The overalls usually would carry with them a stamp indicating the company name and the phrase "union made". Abner Larned came to Detroit from Genese County in the early 1890s and worked for a dry goods store making $6 a week. By the turn of the century he had saved $1,000 and then borrowed a $1,000 to join David Carter in buying a small overall factory. By the late 1920s, the company was one the country's largest manufacturers of workers clothing. Based on the Head Light logo design on your button versus later versions, I'd say that button was made in the the 20s at least.

HH!
-Hunter

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
C.P., that pommel is one of the coolest things I've seen posted in a while. I have to vote Banner for that piece.

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those finds are great! I think you did beat a record on photos because they froze up my phone and made the app crash the first time! Haha

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Once again I am not gonna say anything I think you already know cross potent!!!vanzutphen:headbang::icon_thumleft::hello2:

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those finds are great! I think you did beat a record on photos because they froze up my phone and made the app crash the first time! Haha

Sorry, wondered about that. I dont use a smart phone and need to stay mindful that others might also have this problem. Will try to crop pics for my new posts.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another amazing hunt CP. I love that pommel. You are really fortunate that you have the combination of your best site ever and the best patina ever!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Man that pommel is some kind of an awesome find! Never seen one that early being dug. Looks like it might be from almost the same era as my basket hilt. Maybe the rest of the sword is nearby, or in that pit you need to finish digging. Congrats on yet another great outing.

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
As said by the others that pommel is incredible, Congrats on that and the other great finds :thumbsup:

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry, wondered about that. I dont use a smart phone and need to stay mindful that others might also have this problem. Will try to crop pics for my new posts.

It's ok. This phone is on its last leg anyway! [emoji390][emoji95][emoji379]

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man that pommel is some kind of an awesome find! Never seen one that early being dug. Looks like it might be from almost the same era as my basket hilt. Maybe the rest of the sword is nearby, or in that pit you need to finish digging. Congrats on yet another great outing.

I've spent the last half hour researching it and think its from a continental hunting sword. Saw several similar online. Also meant to mention I found the date of when the home was built - 1672. Nice to have all the history to a place one is hunting.

Dont think we'll get the pits dug this year. We cant dig after the 31st.

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I suspect this place will give up some nice stuff yet. The pommel might be the best relic from this site so far and it came out after all these hunts. Amazing site.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be honest, I have no idea what a pommel is but it looks really nice, all those finds you are making, man I can't wait to see your 2015 year end wrap up

Congrats again!!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be honest, I have no idea what a pommel is but it looks really nice, all those finds you are making, man I can't wait to see your 2015 year end wrap up

Congrats again!!

Hey bud this should help
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427157871.247532.jpg

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Check out this really ornate continental hunting sword.

Attachments

• HSa.jpg
    HSa.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 57
  • HSb.jpg
    HSb.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 77
  • HSc.jpg
    HSc.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 53

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread