Incredible Afternoon, Spanish Silver, British Military Button and Arabic Thimble

mbcuce

Jan 6, 2019
SC Lowcountry
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Our best field was bush hogged this week. I owe the property owner a 12 pack or maybe a case. It has been a windfall for us. Today was one of my best ever hunts. Some great finds for me and a first, a silver thimble.
IMG_3319.jpg IMG_3318.jpg

This one appears to have Arabic writing on it. Anyone translate Arabic?---After a closer look, there appears to be lettering and the shapes are decorative "wings" with letters over them. Looks like "CHA" or "CRA" on one side and "RIT" or "HIT" on the other. Not sure.
IMG_3326.jpg IMG_3327.jpg

Also found my 5th Spanish silver at this site. 1 Reale, from 1785
IMG_3320.jpg IMG_3321.jpg

Half of a paste cuff link:
IMG_3328.jpg IMG_3329.jpg

And a very interesting button. From what i read on other posts on Treasure Net, its a British Artillery button, possibly volunteer/militia but interestingly it dates after the revolution 1790-1802. The site produced a few revolutionary war buttons that were all British, property owners were loyalists. Then a fair amount of US military buttons from War of 1812 so we assumed they loyalist were run off or lost their land after the revolution but this button presents a bit of a puzzle. Could it have been from the end of the Revolution.
IMG_3322.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 38

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread