Incredible Civil War Finds....sword buckle, spencer bullets, ring, buttons

L

lovedigging

Incredible Civil War Find's....sword buckle, spencer bullets, ring, buttons

Had to go to the dentist today so when I was done, I thought that I'd go out and hunt for a few hours at a spot where I found 2 camps in previous hunts. Wow! Am I glad I did! I found the ring within 5 minutes of turning my machine on. It is obviously hand carved, no interior markings, yet there are "carve" marks. I decided to hit that area hard, and within 20 yards I dug my first spencer bullet of the day. From then on, I literally was digging every 2 minutes. After 3 hours I had dug, non-stop, it was getting dark when i hit a great signal and dug the buckle. All in all I dug 23 spencer bullets, a ring, a buckle, 2 flat buttons, numerous spencer casings,lots of melted lead.. One of the cooler bullets (I thought) was a half melted 3 ring bullet. All of this stuff came from a very small area, approximately 20 yards x 20 yards. It literally looked like I had taken a tractor in there and plowed to plant a garden from all the holes that touched each other... Before I could completely cover the area I ran out of daylight so I hope to get back there soon to see what else is left...

Attachments

• img_0419.jpg
    img_0419.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,255
  • img_0420.jpg
    img_0420.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,233
  • img_0421.jpg
    img_0421.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,223
  • img_0425.jpg
    img_0425.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 795
  • img_0424.jpg
    img_0424.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 790
Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

lovedigging

Re: Incredible Civil War Find's....sword buckle, spencer bullets, ring, buttons

brnn53 said:
Congrats on some incredible finds! Thats the kind of day we all dream about. Which machine were you using the DFX or XLT?
Mike
Mike, Lately all I've been using is my DFX. My brother put a program on it for me and I feel real comfortable with it so it's been hard to use the XLT at this point. I'll be back at that spot right after the weekend so I hope to have more good find's. Thanks for the reply....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread