Incredible Silver!

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
This is kind of a cheater post as you will see lol! I belong to a metal detecting club based out of Plainwell Michigan, its the largest metal detecting club in the world! We have several hundred active members, and many serious treasure hunters in this club. We meet every third tuesday of the month and share some great finds and learn from each other. Every month we have a contest for the best finds,there are four catagories....Coin, jewelery,token,and unusual. You are allowed to enter one item in one or all four of the catagories. The winners are determined by voting by the membership, I was fortunate to have won 2 catagories this month, the coin and the unusual. I recieved a half ounce silver round for each of the wins, they are very beautiful and resemble a walker! I have been fortunate this year and have made some excellent finds and have won the coin catagory 9 of the last 12 months! I love that silver! We also had a raffle as it was Christmas time and I got a really great 1888 Morgan Silver dollar, but the best was yet to come! There was a special raffle and I decided to buy 3 tickets at a dollar each to try to help out the club and lo and behold I won!............A spectacular 1825 capped bust half dollar in AU condition! It was almost as great as digging one....almost! Since the ground is pretty solid now I doubt I'll be able to go out and do any more detecting till spring,untill then I'll have to settle on doing my research and chatting with my friends here on T-net. I hope you all have a great holidays!

HH
Slipperyjack47

Attachments

• Picture 238.jpg
    Picture 238.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 162
  • Picture 239.jpg
    Picture 239.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 164
  • Picture 236.jpg
    Picture 236.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 164
  • Picture 237.jpg
    Picture 237.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 166
  • Picture 241.jpg
    Picture 241.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 159
  • Picture 242.jpg
    Picture 242.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 166

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
now thats a raffle prize! :o :o congrats on your good luck!

starwarsblazer

Jul 24, 2007
Portland, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
I went to a MD supplier in Plainwell last year to check out their stock as up here in GR we don't have one. I brought my friend with me and he ended up buying an ACE 250 from there. The owner mentioned that club to us, but its a long drive to Plainwell for me. Lot's of great stuff he had there. I loved the old bottles on the wall that he had as well as the case of all of his finds. A great shop and a great guy! Nice silver coins! HH

Greg

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack I've never been a member of the club but I have met many of the members when I was out detecting, most of them I met detecting in Battle Creek this year and last. I've known Al for a long time, I even remember him when him and his dad raced at Martin Dragway back in the 60's, my folks bought a trailer from Curtis trailer. Thats where the detector shop is now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread