Gregg3131

May 24, 2015
Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited Edition
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy and I dug what appears to be one of the rarest Confederate buttons out there. Hornets Nest Rifle Corp. HNRC. Only 100 men in the entire unit. Very proud to be part of this find.

Attachments

• Attachment-1.jpg
    Attachment-1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_2099.jpg
    IMG_2099.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 306
  • 20150603_170953-1.jpg
    20150603_170953-1.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 388
Upvote 29

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IT MAYBE AN HORNEST NEST BUTTON TO YOU BUT THE PIC OF THE NEST WOULD LOOK LIKE MY HEART IF I FOUND IT. HECK OF A FIND FOR SURE......

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An ex hunting buddy of mine found 2 of those back in the late 80's . Both were dug in the same field on posted property at night. Needless to say, that's why he's an EX hunting buddy. I would have loved to have found one, but not illegally

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
you did good research to put your buddy on the spot to be able to find it (as such it was a team effort in my book) --but most would say its only "his" find since "he" dug it up----- yep folks are funny like that sadly --only one person gets the glory --the digger of the item----(never mind the fact hat the digger would not have been there to dig it without your research help and assistance) .... to find a confederate button from a tiny 100 man "sniper" unit is quite the feat ....I once found a confederate whitworth hex type sniper bullet and thought I had really done something cool...

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Charlotte & would love to find one of those or a NC Military Academy button with the Hornet nest. Fantastic find!!

dirt listener

Jun 6, 2009
Ashland, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Hello, I had recently posted this in another thread as I was proud to have dug this button but would never had a chance without Greg putting me on a untouched piece of property he had worked hard to get us on! Yes, he is trying to help with the sale of this button due to financial reasons. I appreciate the GREAT comments and yes....I believe there will be more at that site. Keep your Coil to the Soil!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is an amazing find for sure! Congrats on the joint effort

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any CW button is a great find, but one like this one is in a class all it's own. Too bad it can't be on the banner. It certainly deserves to be.

dirt listener

Jun 6, 2009
Ashland, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Yes...I love it. Like I said, havent been on T-Net in a long time due to long work hours and taking care of family with zero hunting. I met Greg out of chance as we both had same rights to another property. Really cool guy who is just trying to help out. We will be back hunting the spot monday....stay tuned. We will clarify who found what. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread