tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gonna be close to 90 down here later in the day. Bet it be nice to be up there about now. Have you ever panned any samples out of the creek coming down Independence ?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So beautiful! I think it would be a hard place to live, but gorgeous country!:occasion14:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
LOL!!! Know how the eyes play tricks on you when you're tires?

I thought the vest was a bit descriptive. I read "COOT" rather than CDOT. Still a bit tired from working outside yesterday.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't panned there but man I wish I could detect that townsite, especially around the remains of the old boarding houses. High 60's here today and maybe low 70's for next week, and that's warm enough for me. 'Coot' is probably the mildest thing those poor guys get called. Right now they have an I-70 off ramp shut down, so all the southbound SH-9 traffic is being routed right down Main Street.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful views and pics! hat last one made me laugh. Tis the season. Every one is seeing them all over.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't panned there but man I wish I could detect that townsite, especially around the remains of the old boarding houses. High 60's here today and maybe low 70's for next week, and that's warm enough for me. 'Coot' is probably the mildest thing those poor guys get called. Right now they have an I-70 off ramp shut down, so all the southbound SH-9 traffic is being routed right down Main Street.
I did take my Garrett up there and do a little detecting, but only managed to find old cans and nails, before I decided metal detecting old ghost towns is gonna be tough with all the trash left behind. That was around 1983, so Independence wasn't so protected as it is today. I found looking for stone artifacts to be much more pleasurable. I left my Garrett in my old International Scout on the passenger seat at the then new Walmart in Salida and came out to find it was gone. That's when the mine had it's final big layoff and people we're lifting things, leaving town and a bunch of stray dogs ended up running around. I decided then I'm going to California. Now it's all but a tourist destination and I don't find much joy going up there anymore, until late fall.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread