Indian artifact and neat surface finds

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's been quite some time since my last post. I haven't been able to get out at all due to other obligations. We had a good rain today on one of the fields we hunt that was an old 1800s homestead. I decided to just walk and surface hunt. It turned out to be a good day. My first 5 steps I was checking the dirt to see how muddy it was and as I looked down, there it was. My heart always skips a beat when I see the unmistakable workmanship of an Indian artifact. It was my best find of the day. I continued walking, looking for glimpses of history to reveal themselves on the surface after the heavy downpour. I went on to find one big clay marble, a glass marble, a glass stopper and porcelain button? with a wire loop shank. In the photo, I also included some finds that my husband ran through electrolysis for me last week. I was thrilled with how well the two locks, belt buckles and punch came out afterwards. It was great to get out and find something. I was having withdrawl. Thanks for looking and HH!
20170615_210659.jpg 20170615_204211.jpg 20170615_210803.jpg 20170615_210748.jpg 20170615_210826.jpg

Upvote 23
OP
OP
KyDigNQueen

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, jewelerguy!

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your nice finds. It is great to just get out and enjoy a day like that.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt! You do better without a machine than I do with one...cool finds, love those native points...Ddf

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That point is in great shape Queen. I also like that large clay marble. Those are always a thrill to find. Congrats.

OP
OP
KyDigNQueen

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone. It was so nice to final get a break and get out again.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love those artifacts.
Back in 2013 I spent an entire summer searching for native artifacts. I must have picked up 20,000 rocks that year (maybe more).
I finally found a hand ax (and yes, my heart almost stopped when I laid eyes on it) and a fossil for all my work (plus assorted junk, old Coke bottles, etc.).

I'm in MD and in my area, the relics are incredibly rare. That's actually why I decided to switch to metal detecting but I still always keep my eyes peeled.
I KNOW there were many Indians here and I'm determined to find at least one projectile point before I die.

Congrats on your amazing finds.,..

OP
OP
KyDigNQueen

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Garret 424. Keep searching and you are bound to find some. I've been looking for 6 years now and have only found 6 complete points that weren't chipped or broken. Good luck!

Last edited:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeepers Creepers, you got some good Peepers. Very nice stroll into that field for sure. Love the point and clay marble. I actually love ALL my eyeball finds while treasure hunting. I get a sense of satisfaction that I don't get when using my machine. Kinda' like "I" found this and didn't even need a machine to help me. Thanks for sharing and glad you got your "fix" on.

OP
OP
KyDigNQueen

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeepers Creepers, you got some good Peepers. Very nice stroll into that field for sure. Love the point and clay marble. I actually love ALL my eyeball finds while treasure hunting. I get a sense of satisfaction that I don't get when using my machine. Kinda' like "I" found this and didn't even need a machine to help me. Thanks for sharing and glad you got your "fix" on.
Thanks so much, Kurious1. I feel the same way about finding things with my own eyes and no assistance from a machine. My best and oldest coin to date, an 1890 IHP, I found in a crevice left from the tractor. It had rained really good and I wanted to see what would come to the surface in the field. The same field I've found the marbles and points. I still to this day don't know how I spotted that thing in the shadows at dusk. Haha. Guess I do have some good peepers :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread