Indian Artifact Finds from last weeks hunts in Kentucky

oberkill

Aug 12, 2005
Had to go to Kentucky for work last week and managed to make some time to hit the fields for awhile. I mostly found broken stuff and one nice rework. I will post the finds from the first field on this post. The first two pics are the rework, then most of a stemed point and finally two tips. I couldnt identify any of the points maily because they are broke and I still have a hard time identifying even complete points! So any help on identification would be great too.

Have fun!!

Alan

Attachments

• img040.jpg
    img040.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 432
  • img044.jpg
    img044.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 429
  • img043.jpg
    img043.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 427
  • img046.jpg
    img046.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 431
  • img045.jpg
    img045.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 432
Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

oberkill

Aug 12, 2005
Re: Finds from last weeks hunts in Kentucky

Here are the points from the other field. I only had about 20min at this field, my friend I was with also found some decent stuff. Cant wait to get back to this one in the fall...

The first pic is a broken drill, first I have ever found! The second pic is the bottom half of a point and the third is most of a triangle shaped point.

Have fun!!
Alan

Attachments

• img041.jpg
    img041.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 436
  • img047.jpg
    img047.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 428
  • img042.jpg
    img042.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 425

folkert

Feb 10, 2004
Germany
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero Germany

Very nice finds! How do you date the tips? The flint tips we find over here,are dated to the neolithics (5500-2000 BC)

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

all i can identify is a nice 6 piont on that 3-cent! still nice AH's

GC

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes

Sounds like those fields have loads of potential.
Drills are always my favorite finds as well. I had an awesome week. Just got back as a matter of fact. I found 5 nice points and a bunch of broken stuff. Last weekend i found my 21st axe head. It was a little 3 inch toy axe head with flutes on both sides. Only the second fluted axe i have found!!!!!!!

Keep your eyes on the ground and that flint coming!

Steven

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Neat finds! Tsgman

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

goldencoin said:
all i can identify is a nice 6 piont on that 3-cent! still nice AH's

GC
I hear that! :o oberkill-Did you find that too or is it just for size comp.? I can't tell ya much about the points,I have a few myself I found in northern Ky..Try posting this in the "AMERICAN INDIAN ARTIFACTS" section of the forum.Maybe jeff will move it there if you ask him to.There would be some who could ID them there,i'm sure.Since they (TNET) took the last posts section off the bottom of the forum page,many(who could offer info.) may not have saw this (your) post regarding indian points and info. wanted about them.Just a thought.Nice finds by the way! :) good luck and H.H.-diggummup

OP
OP
O

oberkill

Aug 12, 2005
Thanks for the reply's everyone!

Johnny X - Good to hear from you! I sent you a PM awhile back wasnt sure if you still got on the board here.

diggummup - The coin was just for a size comparisson, it was out on my desk when I scanned the points.... lol I got that coin and a few others when I was a teenager at a flea market in a $5 grab bag. I forgot all about it and recently "found" them again when my Dad moved, I had not seen them in 15 years. So kind of a find I guess. I will delete this post in a couple of days and copy it to the "AMERICAN INDIAN ARTIFACTS" section of the forum if Jeff doesnt move it.

Thanks again!!
Alan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread