image-90270449.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,022
Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like agate. Google geode and see what you think.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe it is a natural stone. I have found several that are similar. would love to know how it formed. I love rocks too.

theonlinefisherman

Aug 10, 2012
West Central Florida
Detector(s) used
I am a digger of stone, bone, coral, and shell.
Natural or not, (which I think it is - that is iron I think inside the stone) it sure looks like a guy sitting down. I, too, just love the stone. Touching the artifacts makes me feel the person who touched and worked the stone. It is what I love about knapping. Touching the flint and seeing how good they were helps me to find them, I think.

Somebody told me that serious collectors hate knappers. Is that true?

My favorite points are the ones done by Mack Tussinger. And he found thousands of real ones somewhere are (so they say) remapped them. But they are as eccentric as the stuff they find in tombs in Belize and Honduras.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

OP
OP
firehorse12

firehorse12

Sep 3, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it looked like a person sitting down too. I love finding things, looking for things, it is relaxing. I don't understand "knapping" what is that? I'll google it. Serious collector, no, I have fun and chill out. I'm a nurse and being out in nature kinda calms me. I have some really cool BIG rocks too that look valved or something.

OP
OP
firehorse12

firehorse12

Sep 3, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one of the big valvey-organ-like rocks. I googled knappers - I don't really have an opinion on it. I just like to feel like a kid on an Easter egg hunt out there :)

Attachments

• image-665297777.jpg
    image-665297777.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 286
OP
OP
firehorse12

firehorse12

Sep 3, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks - I like it too. It lives in my garden with my toad :)

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
you are all wrong....she is obviously a mermaid....

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About collectors hating knappers .. I know alot don't like what dishonest ones do.. and view all of them pretty much as liabilities. Some even deface artifacts by adding what they call retouching. Which to me is a display of disrespect and dishonorable. Its definitely a touchy subject around genuine artifacts. Whether or not an artifact is genuine is the number one concern to anyone...so trying to trust someone that makes their own is usually ill advised.

Last edited:
OP
OP
firehorse12

firehorse12

Sep 3, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh someone who tries to create an "artifact" not create art from flint and sell it as art.
Yeah, not cool. I think I'd be upset too.

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never seen a iron inclusion like that one. Looks almost like a possible mold for forming metal. I see the metal overflowing the ridges of its form. JMO................GTP(Chris)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread