Indian Head and Wheat!

Sofaman36

Aug 16, 2009
Gadsden, AL
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Today I went to my old trusty back yard to hunt a little. My dad, mlhudson, had been excavating a spot where he recovered a big shovel, wheat penny, and a silver rosy dime. So I decided to go check it out. In about an hour, I recovered a 1901 Indian and a 1950-D Wheat penny. Not sure what's on the back of the wheaty, but it's something white. It was found near a lot of glass and stuff. Not a bad day. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 266
Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds....Matt

OP
OP
Sofaman36

Sofaman36

Aug 16, 2009
Gadsden, AL
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Thanks Wyatt. I know, we think we found the old trash dump of our house. Were gonna dig the entire area out hopefully and see how we do!!!

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may sound odd, but I really admire that 1950D wheatie you found. For some reason, the soil around here is not nice to wheaties of the early 1950's. Wheaties from the 20's, 30's, and 40's come out looking much better than those of the early fifties. Good luck with finding more at that site!

OP
OP
Sofaman36

Sofaman36

Aug 16, 2009
Gadsden, AL
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
allen said:
good job on those little coppers !! :thumbsup:

Thanks Allen, I hope theres more where it came from! Especially considering my dad found an 1889 Indian Head also on Sunday. And I found a 1930-S Wheat(which is in much worse shape than the 1950!). We also recovered 2 more bottles and 2 1/2 marbles! Lol Well thanks and HH

OP
OP
Sofaman36

Sofaman36

Aug 16, 2009
Gadsden, AL
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
terpfan said:
It may sound odd, but I really admire that 1950D wheatie you found. For some reason, the soil around here is not nice to wheaties of the early 1950's. Wheaties from the 20's, 30's, and 40's come out looking much better than those of the early fifties. Good luck with finding more at that site!

Thanks terfpan. I've been lucky to find wheats in such good shape. Almost like they're still in circulation! Lol But I go a 1930-S Wheat on Sunday that is just BLACK!!! But its ok. My dad found an 1889 Indian Head! And the area we live in, only came around in the 1930's!!! :icon_sunny: HH

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that wheatie is in nice shape, that's a happy find. And it's great to find an IHC in your own back yard! Can't wait to see what else you find there.

HH
Rusted

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions