Indian Head question

springsman

May 27, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Heya everyone, sorry this is such a long narrative, but it's sort of a introduction too since I'm new here....I'm sort of a born again newbie, I started MDing about 3 years ago, but my MD got stolen out of the back of my truck >:( and it's taken me this long to get over the anger enough to buy another..anyway I live in Colorado Springs, CO and if anyone is familiar with the old 1800's school they restored on S.Nevada street I was detecting there one day during some of the reconstruction and found several IH's my question is...out of six or seven that I found almost everyone of them has a little triangle nick seemingly cut out of it on purpose...sorry I don't have a pic yet, but I will try soon...anyone know of this happening or being done for a reason? Thanks and look forward to meeting you all.

R. Herd
Springsman

Upvote 0

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember seeing an article in W&E Treasures (maybe about 20 years ago), about a guy finding several semi key date Indian Head cents. (It was a small cache). Each of his coins had like an "X" scratched on them too. Weird!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread