Indian relics I found as a child

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
Now these are just a few artifacts that I collected as a child. Just say a few of my favorite finds ::) I was fasinated as a child by arrowheads and other relics we would find "in what we called the low ground ", here bordering the river my fathers fields would produce not only tobacco and corn, but wonderful treasures . There was one spot in particular that was a mound like area > nothing grew well in this area as the land was very oily in tecture. Here I would dig and find wonderful pottery chards, stones, arrowheads and broken pipes !!! I was always on a treasure hunt as a child !!! In the fall and winter while my father fished at the river, I would pretend to pan for gold !! Never in the summer as I was scared of snakes !! The pictures below are some of my favorites, maybe not that great but all very special. I have in one pics my first arrowhead , my special little Inca like figure ?? pottery and scrapers > I love scrapers as they will fix in your hand perfect, and are so clear as to their usage, the quarters are there to show size comparison. I know that this is not MD finds > but this is my first love before Metal Detecting !! Thanks for looking > Marjorierose ::)

Attachments

• first.jpg
    first.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 3,523
  • relics.jpg
    relics.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 3,514
  • pottery.jpg
    pottery.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 3,492
  • indity.jpg
    indity.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 3,495
Upvote 0
OP
OP
CarolinaDigs

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
bookfisher said:
Very nice collection and great story too. By the way, where, when and how did you come across that "Inca figure."

Sorry I haven't replied earlier. The Inca figure I found as a child on our farm in North Carolina. The farm back all the down to the river and always rendered wonderful relics and arrowheads. Walking the fields for Indian treasures was and is still my first love :) I posted this figure in What is it site. Probably a trade item ?? although I really don't know?

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Wow, I imagine that figurine is worth quite a bit more than you expect. Effigies, bird stones, etc are some of the most highly sought after artifacts to collectors. I would get that appraised.

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Wow CD! I thought I had a nice little cache of finds but yours puts me to shame.

This will have to tide you over until this evening :-*

Gunner

Dec 19, 2004
CarolinaDigs said:
Now these are just a few artifacts that I collected as a child. Just say a few of my favorite finds ::) I was fasinated as a child by arrowheads and other relics we would find "in what we called the low ground ", here bordering the river my fathers fields would produce not only tobacco and corn, but wonderful treasures . There was one spot in particular that was a mound like area > nothing grew well in this area as the land was very oily in tecture. Here I would dig and find wonderful pottery chards, stones, arrowheads and broken pipes !!! I was always on a treasure hunt as a child !!! In the fall and winter while my father fished at the river, I would pretend to pan for gold !! Never in the summer as I was scared of snakes !! The pictures below are some of my favorites, maybe not that great but all very special. I have in one pics my first arrowhead , my special little Inca like figure ?? pottery and scrapers > I love scrapers as they will fix in your hand perfect, and are so clear as to their usage, the quarters are there to show size comparison. I know that this is not MD finds > but this is my first love before Metal Detecting !! Thanks for looking > Marjorierose ::)

I will give my Left Arm for that Idol!!!! (I am Left handed =) )

Gunner

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good collection of points and pottery. Great finds :) :) Good photos.

Thank you for sharing.

Stryker

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C D...I also cut my teeth on collecting Indian artifacts as a child....A natural progression was metal detecting....I have never lost that "high" I get when finding a arrowhead...You have a wonderful collection and that idol is truely unique....Please try and find out more about it and keep us posted....Steve

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
CarolinaDigs said:
A note about the mounds you mentioned..I was told than the Native Americans would make mounds to put there teepee's on so it would keep the water out. There are a bunch of mounds up the road at Warm Springs.

OP
OP
CarolinaDigs

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
Thanks guys for the latest replies :) I have been so busy lately that I have not been on very much :( I love arrowheads and Indian relics. I am going over to the farm Sunday and hunt a little. Wish me luck :wink:

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Nice Indian relics... especially the statue... Wonder what the story of it is and how it arrived in North Carolina so many years ago???

My mind is racing for an understanding of such a treasure being in the new world and buried where probably a wigwam sat once upon a time.

I was raised on a farm in Ohio and we farmed our fields by hand... as in hoeing out weeds during the summers so when one walks several hundred acres slowly and looking at the ground (where the weeds are) then one finds a lot of artifacts. I have found literally hundreds over the years and what is interesting is the fields still are giving up more each year... even though i am not hoeing any longer.

thanks for sharing the lovely relics and taking the time to put up the lovely pictures of them

HH

Sanat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread