Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I was poking around Ebay for junk silver etc. See alot of these "unsearched" rolls showing Indians on the ends. Has anyone ever tried one of these?

They claim they are old BWR's and "guarantee" that all the coins are between 1909-1958. First I have to assume that they are wrapping them themselves since otherwise how could you be sure of what is in there. I am sure it is a scam, well not a scam but they are putting average at best wheaties and putting an indian on the end.

Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They've been searched and recrimped or rolled in old stock or old looking rolls.

If you check coincommunity you'll see a couple threads of results. Once in a while people find something good, but a lot of it's crap.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. You can buy paper rolls and a hand crimper very inexpensively. I won't buy those type of coins.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just think:

What roll of pennies has a barber dime on the end? When have you seen a machine do that?

How can a seller GUARANTEE coins are from 1909-1958, but have an Indian head on one side?

BuffaloHunter

Jun 26, 2017
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600. Garrett ProPointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a few “ shotguns rolls” 2 years back... got a WORN 1909-S.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve did it last year a couple of all I have is a lot on worn IHP’s, but the 4 I’ve detected are the ones that a priceless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions