Indians in Germany

*Dig-Dug*

Aug 13, 2008
Herndon, VA - Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Bandito II
Got out for a short hunt in between the rain and snow. Being on an old US Military housing compound I am used to finding US Coinage but I was surprised to uncover this One Little Indian.
DSCN3384.JPG

I also dug a small Silver wire ring
DSCN3376.JPG

A Silver and Gem (glass?) Earring. I found it's match about a month ago more than 100 yards away and across the street.
DSCN3383.JPG

Normally I throw the old shotgun shell brass away but since this one is German it's cool enough to keep in the treasure chest.
DSCN3370.JPG

Happy Hunting :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
That's pretty cool to find an old American nickel over there :icon_scratch:

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
We have it all backwards...The Injuns were over there and then came over here :tongue3: jgas

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to find a Buffalo Nickle, I found an 1864 IH Penny way out in a field. Are you finding any American silver coinage? HH, Mike

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
We have found a few of your German coins over here.
Nice to see some of ours made the trip over tto you.
Nice finds and great silvers.

S

stefen

I would suspect that anytime you are hunting a US Base regardless of its overseas location, US coinage would be typical script for on-base purchases...

If the Indian Head nickle was dropped by a WWII serviceman, it would have bought a meal or a pint at a local pub at that time period.

Consider that the basic pay was about $12 a month...that was an important loss...especially if the majority of his pay went home to support his family.

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW,

Great find! How old is the base? I once found a quarter in Korea on the beach with a hole in it where it was made as a charm but no American silver coinage anywhere in ASIA. Very neat!

Crackbadger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions