Indoor Hiding Places

Dan Hughes

Aug 26, 2008
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several
When people want to hide valuables nowadays, they seldom dig a hole in the backyard. Instead, they find a hiding place inside their house.

My latest podcast (internet radio show you can listen to anytime) lists and discusses some of the more common indoor hiding places.

Go here and click the pink button, and the short (3 1/2 minutes) show will play on your computer:

http://thetreasurecorner.com

---Dan Hughes, http://danhughesbooks.com

Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once upon a time I had a gold watch worth big bucks. Was going on vacation and wanted to make sure I hid it in a real safe place. I found a long pair of socks and rolled the watch up in them real tight. You could squeeze the rolled up socks and not even know there was anything inside.

Problem was I didn't take it out of the sock, or the sock out of the sock drawer after vacation and even forgot it was there. A year or so later I was cleaning my sock drawer and, you guessed it, tossed the pair of socks that I hardly ever wore into the garbage. Took me another couple of weeks before it it hit me why those socks were there - and by that time my expensive gold watch was long gone to the dump. And I wasn't even old enough at the time to blame it on a senior memory.

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SusanMN said:
Once upon a time I had a gold watch worth big bucks. Was going on vacation and wanted to make sure I hid it in a real safe place. I found a long pair of socks and rolled the watch up in them real tight. You could squeeze the rolled up socks and not even know there was anything inside.

Problem was I didn't take it out of the sock, or the sock out of the sock drawer after vacation and even forgot it was there. A year or so later I was cleaning my sock drawer and, you guessed it, tossed the pair of socks that I hardly ever wore into the garbage. Took me another couple of weeks before it it hit me why those socks were there - and by that time my expensive gold watch was long gone to the dump. And I wasn't even old enough at the time to blame it on a senior memory.

Thanks for sharing!

There must be many happy people who are "down in the dumps"!

:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread