Infantry (GI36A1) & Voltigeur (VG2) dug today!

hhbooker2

Greenie
Oct 19, 2008
Infantry (GI36A1) & Voltigeur (VG2) dug today!

"GREETINGS & SALUTATIONS!" Found these two today, ain't they something? What are the odds of finding these two so close together? Found at the Walt Disney Golden Oak Movie Ranch in Santa Clarita, California while working as a movie extra as it afford time to one's self to look around. Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California. :icon_study:

Attachments

• Infantry (GI36A1).jpg
    Infantry (GI36A1).jpg
    67 KB · Views: 376
  • Voltigeur (VG2).jpg
    Voltigeur (VG2).jpg
    65 KB · Views: 387
Upvote 0

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Infantry (GI36A1) & Voltigeur (VG2) dug today!

Those are rare finds in your part of the country! Just goes to show that you never know where a nice relic will show up! Congrats! :D
Mike

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

So, those are the real deal??? WOW!!! and I mean.... WOW!!!! Nice digs....

MB

OP
OP
H

hhbooker2

Greenie
Oct 19, 2008

plehbah said:
Are these off of uniforms used in the filming of movies?

Have you found any other such items in your Disney lot prospecting lurkings?

Greetings & Salutations! Yes, I believe they are real as it was the case when I was an extra on Steven Spielberg's "HOOK" with Robin Williams, Spielberg often used original uniforms and clothing and I saw some great buttons like the Women's Auxiliary Army Corps of the eagle without shield, arrows, or olive branch. When I had a non-speaking role in "DEAD MAN'S REVENGE" with Randy Travis and Bruce Dern, they used authentic cowboy wear, even an original Zouave jacket! Over the years actors and extras lost buttons way back to when motion pictures started and don't forget the Confederates and Union armies fought in California during the War Between the States. Movie makers do not place the same values on uniforms as they are to a collector, but see them strictly as props! They even used original U.S. Dollars in silver from the 1880s, there is lots of idle time working as an extra. :icon_study: Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California.

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds for sure.. very interesting info. :thumbsup:

If they need a Artist for anything I am available. ;D

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550

Nice buttons.I also have a Eagle "V" but I had to buy mine.CONGRATS!!!!! :thumbsup: :icon_sunny: :thumbsup:

fortbball9

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread