Info on Brand / Name of Crock /Jug ?

jerryjr569

Jul 5, 2013
pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I have an old Crock / Jug , wondering who makes it and the value ?

Has a couple chips no cracks - marked US eagle then #5 ? Cannt find one on the internet

SDC12211.JPG SDC12210.JPG SDC12206.JPG SDC12207.JPG SDC12208.JPG SDC12209.JPG

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Jerry,

Welcome to TNet & thanks for showing us your stoneware jug. It dates to approximately the Turn of the 20th Century. Can you read the letters in the ribbon under the eagle?

Others are looking for the origin of that mark, too. Is there anything on the base?

I'd estimate it to be in the $50 range.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jerryjr569

Jul 5, 2013
pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing on base - and yea something under eagle but cannt read it

y 50 range ? -- yea got 1 quarter size chip and 2 small ones but besides that its , minus something is spilled on and and a marker mark

if its rare and nobody knows who made - wouldn't it be worth more

I seen normal ones with crown and #5 sell for 100 or more - does the chips take away that much

Last edited:
Upvote 0

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
attachment.php

y 50 range ?

Hey Jerry,

This form, let's call her Madonna, was in use approximately 1900 to 1930ish. I'm glad you told me it was a "US eagle," cuz the stencil is kinda weak. What you call a chip, I'd call a chunk, is missing from the front. Clean it up and take some more photos. Currently, it's not showroom ready.

Who said anything about rarity? This jug is not rare, nor does rarity equate with value. Here's some jugs currently available @ electronic auction: 5 Gallon Stoneware Jugs You might follow them.

madonna_cone_bra.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread