seapro1

Apr 27, 2009
Cocoa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac & Excalibur 1000, Fisher CZ-70
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find out if anyone knows of a good metal detectoring friendly Caribbean island, I will be coming home from Afghanistan the first week of Feb 2013 and plan on getting me a ocean front place for a week or maybe two for some R&R. Anyway I would like to find me a place that is metal detector friendly, I have never been to the Caribbean, so I'm not sure where to go. I would appreciate any help, thanks.

Upvote 0

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many islands that allow MD. I've had friends detect in Aruba and Grand Bahama. Don't know specific laws, however, just know that they've been there and detected. Hope this helps.

panewbie

Greenie
Oct 19, 2012
Brockway,PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro White's Prizm IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are want to find old stuff I wouldn't recommend Aruba due to the fact that none of the shipwrecks are old except for one that you can't get to. Now then I would say Jamica, Tahiti Or Bahamas due to the fact that they get hit by hurricanes in early winter and that stirs things up from the ocean floor. All allow metal detecting so enjoy and happy detecting. Also thanks for your service and all you do from an Desert Storm vet.
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find out if anyone knows of a good metal detectoring friendly Caribbean island, I will be coming home from Afghanistan the first week of Feb 2013 and plan on getting me a ocean front place for a week or maybe two for some R&R. Anyway I would like to find me a place that is metal detector friendly, I have never been to the Caribbean, so I'm not sure where to go. I would appreciate any help, thanks.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know for a fact the Dominican Republic is ok for beach hunting....lots of people do pretty good on the gold and silver there.

Regards + HH

Bill

ps. glad you'll be getting back safe and sound from the war zone.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
St Marteen, Jamica, Puerto Rico,the Bahamas are all good and OK to hunt.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know for a fact the Dominican Republic is ok for beach hunting....lots of people do pretty good on the gold and silver there.

Regards + HH

Bill

ps. glad you'll be getting back safe and sound from the war zone.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grand Cayman. Lots of busy beaches, with some VERY high-class beach hotels for losing expensive jewelry. The language is english so you won;t have any commo problems. Welcome home, and thank you for your service.

OP
OP
seapro1

seapro1

Apr 27, 2009
Cocoa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks panewbie, yea new or old just to find something is always great. I served 24 years in the service and now I'm here as a contractor trying to help protect our troops from the unexpected IED's, As you already know we have the bravest men and women in the world here, "allies included" and I see them everyday here.

OP
OP
seapro1

seapro1

Apr 27, 2009
Cocoa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks for the info Bill, and I appreciate the comment.

OP
OP
seapro1

seapro1

Apr 27, 2009
Cocoa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks Les

OP
OP
seapro1

seapro1

Apr 27, 2009
Cocoa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks Doc

OP
OP
seapro1

seapro1

Apr 27, 2009
Cocoa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks Jason, I like the sound of the Grand Cayman's!!!!

OP
OP
seapro1

seapro1

Apr 27, 2009
Cocoa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks AC1955, yea I like the sound of the Grand Bahama's.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seapro,

Thank you for your service.

I'd think you have a much better chance of finding new stuff than old shipwreck stuff.

There is one exception though.

OP
OP
seapro1

seapro1

Apr 27, 2009
Cocoa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I appreciate all the feedback, and hopefully I will find some good stuff. If i do I will be posting it sometime in Feb, thank again everyone.

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your service to the Country and our brothers & sisters in harms way.

Aruba is open, although it's been slim pickins lately and there have been a hoard of poachers here lately. Myself I have been wanting to try St Barts, Kitts and the DR.

Joeyboots

Jan 22, 2012
New York, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Pulse 8X/Garrett Gold Stinger/Tesoro Sand Shark/Tiger Shark/Falcon MD 20, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking for interested treasure hunters to team up with me and do some exploring in the Dominican Republic. South shore carribean side. If interested let me know. Not just beach areas but scuba with detector.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Grand Cayman. Lots of busy beaches, with some VERY high-class beach hotels for losing expensive jewelry. The language is english so you won;t have any commo problems. Welcome home, and thank you for your service.

You're going to find a good deal of Canadian money but what Jason said is true,there are some very nice hotels there where they drop off tourists from cruise ships.Heck,my sister found a $20 bill floating in the water one afternoon! I will be there the first week in February as well.I want to thank you for your service.

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Nassau-Paradise Island and CoCo Cay are good places to hunt, but are hit frequently. Also, don't expect to find Bahamian Money at these places--mostly US change.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread