Info on Super Pro detectors

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Got out the hospital with some new hardware in my neck- titanium! My neighbor is interested in getting started md'ing and asked me about three used machines he heard of for sale. He said they are models Pro 2, Pro 5 and Regular Super Pro detectors from a company (A & H Pro from Rolling Meadows, Il.) no longer in business.

Anyone with experience in these units out there?

Upvote 0

scotty

Oct 12, 2003
central missouri
Lowbatts;
My second detector I purchased back in the 60s was a AH. Pro model. Had a white coil, A aluminum control box with green lettering, and was the first detector I know of that came out with discrimination feature. I don't have it anymore, our home burned in 1976 and we lost everything. All my detectors, guns, coin collection, everything. I don't know what model number it was. It was a TR circuitry, only go about 3 inches deep. It cost about $250 new. It worked good tho. done the job then, but can't even come close to todays detectors. Your neighbor would be best off to polish them and hang them on the wall for keepsakes. Or put them up for sale to collectors. HH. Scotty

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Thanks Scotty,
I advised him that he should look at current models instead, thinking that in my ten years of active md'ing I had not heard of or seen one of those models. Wanted to be sure I was correct!

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread