Info requested on any Colonial Era Swedish coins/tokens found in North America

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The past president of C4 (Colonial Coin Collectors Club) is interested in knowing for his own personal knowledge(and sharing with others who might be interested) of our colonial coin history if anyone has found a colonial era Swedish coins/tokens.Everyone thinks of British, Spanish and French for our early inhabitors, but the Swedes played a vital part in settling early colonial America, especially in areas along the Delaware River.

He would love to hear from anyone who has found those coins, what type, date if known, and I guess if a photo was possible, one of those. If anyone knows of a person besides themselves, and believes the find to be legit, that would be fine also. You can PM me and give me the information to forward to him.

Thanks in Advance and if you belong to a club, please ask at the next meeting, also don't forget I am still doing the survey of ground found New Jersey coppers, the numbers keep growing, and it is an ongoing study, so please keep the data coming in.

Don

Upvote 0

Stan Milgram

Mar 14, 2012
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
T2, AT Pro, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Swedish One Or

The past president of C4 (Colonial Coin Collectors Club) is interested in knowing for his own personal knowledge(and sharing with others who might be interested) of our colonial coin history if anyone has found a colonial era Swedish coins/tokens.Everyone thinks of British, Spanish and French for our early inhabitors, but the Swedes played a vital part in settling early colonial America, especially in areas along the Delaware River.

He would love to hear from anyone who has found those coins, what type, date if known, and I guess if a photo was possible, one of those. If anyone knows of a person besides themselves, and believes the find to be legit, that would be fine also. You can PM me and give me the information to forward to him.

Thanks in Advance and if you belong to a club, please ask at the next meeting, also don't forget I am still doing the survey of ground found New Jersey coppers, the numbers keep growing, and it is an ongoing study, so please keep the data coming in.

Don

Hi Don. I found this 1759 Swedish One Or yesterday in NH. Would be happy to saw more if there is still interest in this.

Attachments

• swedish obverse.jpg
    swedish obverse.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 76
  • swedish reverse.jpg
    swedish reverse.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 80

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unlike your NJ study, it sounds like he is not interested in Canadian dug Swedish coins?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread