Infrared

P

parttime_miner

Actually... I just read the other day ... that you create a homemade IR lens for your digital camera with film negatives...

I'll dig up the weblink if you are interested...

I dont think that it works for anything else, except digital cameras... (using a CCD)

Take a cheap digital camera off ebay for 25 bucks and make it a digital IR camera!

... there's one solution... but sorta computerized... eh?
(portable all the same!)

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

I already have the cheap digital cam. Looking forward to your post. Thanks.

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

This seems to be for night vision only (near IR). What I am interested in is seeing the color coded temp. differentials, for locating old foundations/roads, etc. (far IR). I guess what i want is way too expensive.
Still, nice site. Thanks.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
jbot:
Kodaks New IR Film, the b/w, and a # 25 filter, will do what you are asking!
Like anything else, It does take reading the Kodak IR Book(s) and lots of practice !
The new IR Film is a lot easier to use then the old IR Film was!
ONLY! One problem...You have to find some one who knows how to develope the IR Film!
Your local Wal Mart can't!

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
Jbot:
It all depends on what you're looking for!
I use an airplane, :o to fly over and to photgraph the mnts & desert for any area, that may have the sites that I am looking for!
You can rent a plane, w/a pilot depending on your locale, for about, $100.(?) an hour or so!
ME!
I just "Badger or Entice" ;D my Younger Bother, into flying me around! ::)
BUT!
Even then, you MUST learn how to take photos from an airplane!
There's no such thing as, "Plug & Play" :-\ about it !

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jbot...sorry for the late reply on this thread. I purchased my aerial infrared microfiche from a government agency, located in South Dakota. The IR taken from 20,000 foot worked the best, for my application. You could plainly see stagecoach and buggy ruts, as well as foundation impressions. I was looking for early bridge crossings, and had great success, thanks to the aerial infrared.

HH, Jim
[/quote]

A) Excellent post SWr, I am in total agreement.

I have used it to locate old mission sites due to the different compactness of the ground.

I would like to add somethng,

IR is effectively heat so you have to protect the flm fro any source of heat.

It cannot be handled or developed just like any ordinary film. Cool is the word.

Till Eulenspeigle - Jose de La Mancha

dawgvader

Mar 1, 2006
Great thread guys on IR and Thermal photography... I would like to know your opinion on Aura flashes off of gold caches.. First do you believe in that technology and if yes! .. is that considered IR technology or thermal or something else... I have an Ex partner who has that technology and I have seen his pictures. but he would not divuldge much information on the subject.

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

Thanks, guys.

SWR - Any more info. on that gov. agency in South Dakota?

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
Dawgvader:
What you are referring to is, The "Aura"! is done with an "SX" Polaroid Camera
I have a book (around somewhere) on it and a couple of really weird pictures, showing an "AURA", that I took !
If you want more info, drop me a line!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread