InFrom Grims neck of the woods

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20180701_113905.jpg
I have been wanting to post this pic of a cache of points I found in downtown Portsmouth Oh. on Front St. We we working on an old and very nice brick house that a lawyer was remodeling into his place of buisness. A young man was digging a hole under a brick fence we were building to run a gas line through. He found one of these while digging it. I asked if I could dig the rest of the hole and was estatic to find all these points together in a very small area. Needless to say I didn't lay many brick that morning as I was busy with a shovel. This cache was all I found. The young man didn't want to split them so I graciously kept them all.
I did tell the owner who thought it was pretty cool but said I could have them. This was in 1979. I know this is the county (Scioto) that Grim has found so much of his great collection. I assume they are Archaic points. Maybe Adena?

Upvote 0

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holding out on me, huh? lol

Those are spectacular and are definitely Adena related. What's funny is I remember hearing about a Cache of Adena related artifacts being found about that time so it must have been these. Glad I finally got to see them. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
newnan man

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Grim,I had to get a few before you found all the rest! I don't remember the lawyers name but he was very nice. I did show them to a lot of people and was stoked to find them right in the middle of town. I actually have a few more points from Scioto Co. I bought a very nice Dovetail & a couple of Hopewell style points off a farmer named Martin Bauer. I heard later his heirs sold off all his collection to Jon Dickinson who has a web site selling nice authentic artifacts.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that is some good stuff. That had to make for a good, albeit distracted day at work! Thanks for sharing 'em!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread