Inheritance finds

Shawn112

Feb 9, 2009
Colorado
My father died in 2002 and loved to metal detect. My sister and I found his findings and split things up. I know I have a lot of old coins but dont know much about them. Ive ben looking through all the forum finds and have quite a few of what other people have found. I would like to post some pictures but after reading maximum size I did not want to post them and get banned from the forum the first day I joined. I read the example but still not sure if the size is ok. Original size of the photos is 640X480. Is that ok? Once I get the size thing down I would like to post the pictures so people can maybe help identify the coins.

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Welcome to TreasureNet! I don't think anyone has ever been banned from here for posting over-sized photo's. Quite likely someone would reduce them for you to make viewing easier.
-Ben

OP
OP
S

Shawn112

Feb 9, 2009
Colorado
Ok Ill post 1 to start off and see what happens

Attachments

• DSCF6429.JPG
    DSCF6429.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 385
OP
OP
S

Shawn112

Feb 9, 2009
Colorado
Ok that didnt look too bad, IMO. here are some more pictures. I hope someone can fill me in on what some of the coins are and values. This is just a small amount my father had. I have bag fulls in the safe. I also put a few photos of the metal detectors he used and I hope to use in the future.

Attachments

• DSCF6441.JPG
    DSCF6441.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 366
  • DSCF6439.JPG
    DSCF6439.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 363
  • DSCF6436.JPG
    DSCF6436.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 379
  • DSCF6434.JPG
    DSCF6434.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 371
  • DSCF6432.JPG
    DSCF6432.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 372
  • DSCF6431.JPG
    DSCF6431.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 372

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
no need to be sorry, you are doing great!!

Attachments

• welcome4.gif
    welcome4.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 358
  • welcome4.gif
    welcome4.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 351

RNELSON

Oct 7, 2008
those are some nice coins ..the detectors are nice too..you don't see those models everyday.thanks for the pic's ...

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those pics are Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too small. I can't read the dates!

Just kidding, nice job and great looking coins. Whatever you do, DO NOT clean them. You could ruin their value, especially if you have a key date.
Pick up a copy of the Red Book. Great book to check on any coins you have or might find.

Have fun, I know I would going through a collection like that.
Steve

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lets fire those detectors up and git to diggin.

OP
OP
S

Shawn112

Feb 9, 2009
Colorado
Fired up 2 of the three detectors and sent the kids out into the yard to see what they could find. My daughter immeadiately found a quarter, marble, and a heart from a necklace. My son found another heart to a necklace and an old can about a foot down. "I said no holes in the yard." :-\ I took an older penny out in the yard so my daughter would not see me and stuck it in the ground. I told her to come over where I was at and try. NOTHING! I lost the penny, 1960 penny. For some reason it would not register on either detectors. ???

OP
OP
S

Shawn112

Feb 9, 2009
Colorado
Ok just finished up cleaning the yard and got the two metal detectors out. We, daughter, son, and I, were searching for wat ever in the backyard. We searched the play area and found someone had scattered nails all over and left them >:(. We found a dime, penny, and old pepsi can, my kinds said it looked very strange because of the old pull tab. My son then said he had lost a gold dollar, one of the new ones, last year and wanted to see if we could find it. Sure enough we found it right in the middle of the yard. The kids love to use the metal detectors, my daughters likes to dig and be the first one to touch what we find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread