Initial Eurotek Pro review

CC_IN_CA

Jun 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Tecknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had my Eurotek Pro just a week and hunted just a few hours, but here is my initial impression:

Pro:
o Very fast "recovery speed" lets me find stuff in trashy areas
o Great VDI accuracy and stability
o Very lightweight
o Works fine with lithium rechargable batteries
o Simple but very effective controls

Con:
o Pinpoint volume is full blast and not controlled by volume control which only controls discrimination tones. This causes two bad things; one, you can't use headphones that don't have volume control, and second, without headphones, pinpointing loudly tells everyone what you are doing. IMO, its a firmware bug.
o When pinpointing, button frequently loses contact and cycles back and forth to discriminate mode. IMO, its due to firmware bug. Inadequate or no "key debounce" in firmware. If processor sees a microsecond disconnect, it cycles. Probably could improve it dramatically with a .1uf capacitor from pinpoint button to ground, but that would void 5 year warranty.

Overall, very satisfied. Amazing one can get this kind of performance for $219.
Just a few years ago "recovery speed" this fast was impossible even with high end machines. :goldtrophy:
Coinshooting high trash parks is now possible.

Last edited:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the write up. It is a great detector for the price.

I will say that the PP volume is not supposed to go up/down in volume. It is not a firmware/software issue and was purposely made that way for target feedback. When lowering volume you ARE cutting out very minute weak signals - especially depending on the headphones worn. PP mode has a constant max volume setting so there are no mistakes while performing the PP function. (from the engineering team at First Texas)

OP
OP
C

CC_IN_CA

Jun 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Tecknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job on the write up. It is a great detector for the price.

I will say that the PP volume is not supposed to go up/down in volume. It is not a firmware/software issue and was purposely made that way for target feedback. When lowering volume you ARE cutting out very minute weak signals - especially depending on the headphones worn. PP mode has a constant max volume setting so there are no mistakes while performing the PP function. (from the engineering team at First Texas)

I've never seen a computerized machine that did this. You can't use earbuds or it will damage your hearing. You can't go without headphones or it alerts everyone within 100 ft. you are detecting. Its no feature. Its a bug.
I

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can name 3 different detectors from 3 different companies whose pin-point audio does not correlate to the volume control. Perhaps all 3 companies have the same software bug. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
C

CC_IN_CA

Jun 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Tecknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can name 3 different detectors from 3 different companies whose pin-point audio does not correlate to the volume control. Perhaps all 3 companies have the same software bug. :thumbsup:

I've owned about a dozen machines (Whites and Minelab mostly) and never seen constant max volume pin-point mode in any of them.
I see zero advantage to that. I see two big negatives mentioned above.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not a bug, it's a feature. You may hate that feature, but a bug is an error in the code. FT engineering has said - "ues, that's how it works". This code is correct apparently, it works as intended. Whether it's a good choice or not, that's a matter folks can dispute and discuss.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread