Injun and CW bullet!

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wrote this for a small Facebook group. My at max basically shut down in all the nails. Deus did well today!

A lesson in Iron:

I took my new At max the other day to an area that is now a park, but in the 1930’s there were 4 homes located there according to maps.

Blocking out iron to 35 descrimin most signals were “clipped” or scratchy. Signal blending can occur when high conductors (coins) are near low conductors such as nails.
As I turned the iron audio on the hear everything all I got was a machine gun affect of nails.

Frustrated I walked back to my car to get the deus.
Why?

Each metal detector is unique. Some are deep some fast. The Deus has a uniquely fast processor that today, allowed me to hear between the grunts.
Digging the high tones I had some, well for me , some cool finds!

After 60 or so targets (deep iron, washers, bolts, toy cars etc) I pulled these beauties! The Indian penny was 6 inches deep. Soft repeatable blip. Heavily crusted it has to take an olive oil bath! And what a shocker the 3 ringer CW bullet was.

All in all an excellent hunt.

To read more on masking: Dankowski Detectors Metal Detecting Training and Knowledge Webpage ]

IMG_2131.JPG
IMG_2136.JPG
IMG_2141.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 6

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a interesting article. I’m very interested in what it was saying. I hunt a park that is over 150 years old and has lots of history. I have a ATP, F75 LTD and the ATMAX. I found 3 CW 3 ringers last week with the Max. I’ve been hunting this park for 3 years and basically I could hunt it the rest of my life and never cover the whole park being 1300 acres. Being a coin guy it amazes and FRUSTRATES me that I’ve never hit a silver of anything out of there. I’ve gotten around 8 V nickels, some buffalos but no silver ( Except war nickels 13 total this year, but the silver dime is my nemesis no matter where I go. I manly do parks.) I wrote it off by thinking all the silver was gone, but maybe I’m doing something wrong or what this article is saying. I’ve now gotten bit by the CW obsession, but I need that silver in my life. I have all the coils a man needs including the Storm and the Thunder. The Storm KILLS my shoulder the next day so I may have to retire it. It’s funny because it decided to do a test on a Barber dime the other day using the Thunder coil at 5” deep and to my surprise it didn’t pick it up, boy that messed up my head, so I did know if the Thunder was compatible with the Max....I’m so confused. Should I start using my 8x5” coil instead of the bigger coils? What’s the answer to deep targets in public parks? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Only one IHP at this park and it was a surface find after a hard storm. Uggggh so frustrated.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread