Injury Liability Waiver Form for Detecting?

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally got a chance to speak to the owner of the oldest house in my area today. Nice guy who knew some things about local history. Unfortunately he's very concerned about any liability should I get injured on his property. I'm not sure how much legal weight these forms carry, but does anyone here have a well written boiler plate form to release the land owner of any liability in case of an injury? It would give him a comfort level and me a possible chance to detect the property.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question, but I didn't know where else to put the question. Please feel free to PM me if you have one.

Thanks, Erik

gtfm2345

Nov 15, 2012
c ny
Detector(s) used
TEK OMEGA TEK ALPHA DET PRO WADER NEL COIL 4"dd
10" ELPTCL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got them from formfinder.com .. New York has a on file legislation limited liability for activities on personal property not related to business I carry with me works for most but some still want form gl your lucky no one asked for c.o.I yet!!!
(Cert of insurance):icon_scratch:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So far no one has asked me and the mister for a liability form,have been turned down though for a few permissions though because of people stating that I might get hurt on their property which to me is just an excuse to give to someone because they don't want holes dug in their yard. Good luck in your permission seeking,hope the form helps.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT THE OWNER IS SAYING I HAD TO HAVE EXPENSIVE INSURANCE AND HIGH VALUE POLICY TO COVER ANY ONE WHO PASSES ON MY PROPERTY, WHAT HELPS ME IS PLACING NO TRESPASSING SIGNS EVERY 15 FEET AND I OWN ONLY 3/4 ACRE. THAT WAY ITS THERE FAULT . LKE COILY GIRL STATED IT IS MOSTLY THE TRUTH I HAVE A FORM THAT I GIVE OUT AND SO FAR NO PROBLEM. REALLY HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU AND HE COMES TO A COMPROMISE AND LETS YOU DIG. BEST OF LUCK....ZUTPHEN

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ERIK I LOST YOUR REQUEST THERE ARE FORMS ON THIS WEBSITE THATS WHERE I GOT MINE FROM .I WILL LOOK FOR MINE AND IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED LET ME KNOW. I JUST TRIED TO FIND IT ON HERE BUT ITS GONNA TAKE SOME TIME . YOU CAN GOOGLE THE WAVIER FORM AND YOU WILL SEE MANY TO CHOOSE FROM....VANZUTPHEN

OP
OP
Erik in NJ

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are forms on TNet? I found a few forms on the Internet that I guess I might be able to modify slightly to work, but it's be nice to have a well written general waiver regarding detecting.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Erik in NJ

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just remember, you cannot sign away your right to sue. If you don't get a straight up "Sure! Why not?" when you ask if you can detect, then move on.

coinbug

Jul 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just remember, you cannot sign away your right to sue. If you don't get a straight up "Sure! Why not?" when you ask if you can detect, then move on.

You can certainly sign away your right to sue. Where did you ever get the idea you couldn't?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread