Inn at Germansville, PA

CanUDigIt

Oct 1, 2007
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Does anyone have any history on the Bake Oven Inn at 7705 Bake Oven Rd. Germansville, PA 18053

This circa 1850 inn, which has served as a private home, a boarding house and a bar, looks like an old farmhouse. Inside, the decor is bright and simple. Gone are maroon walls and door and window trim painted metallic gold. Now the trim is snow white; the walls are soft celery green. Lace curtains cover the bottom halves of windows; old photos grace the walls and oil lamps top the tables, draped with white cloths.

I am trying to find any info about the history and have been striking out. Thanks for your help!

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
This is all the info I could find. Will look for more later on and post anything I might find.

http://www.mcall.com/entertainment/dining/all-go_eat.4800076sep22,0,2221421.story
<<This circa 1850 inn, which has served as a private home, a boarding house and a bar, looks like an old farmhouse. Inside, the decor is bright and simple. Gone are maroon walls and door and window trim painted metallic gold. Now the trim is snow white; the walls are soft celery green. Lace curtains cover the bottom halves of windows; old photos grace the walls and oil lamps top the tables, draped with white cloths.>>

http://www.mcall.com/business/columnists/all-b-retailwatch0210.6263073feb10,0,4266741.column
<<Mark Muszynski, owner, stands outside The Bake Oven Inn in Germansville. The Bake Oven Inn, which has been open for many years, closed recently under abrupt circumstances. The Muszynski's recently bought it and are making repairs and remodeling hoping to open March 1, 2008. (Emily Robson / Special to The Morning Call / February 10, 2008)>>

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Wow...can't even find anything in my newspapers...OMG....NOTHING...all I could find is this....

Have you tried going to the courthouse for the location of this INN...You may have to pull up some deeds...I can't find anything... :( :( :( :( :( :'( :'(

The earliest entry is 1940....

Annmarie

Attachments

• bake oven inn 1a.jpg
    bake oven inn 1a.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 283
  • bake oven inn 2a.jpg
    bake oven inn 2a.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 292
OP
OP
CanUDigIt

CanUDigIt

Oct 1, 2007
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Thanks Teddy and Annmarie! I appreciate you taking time to try to help me out. I was actually looking to find the history for the Muszynski's. They are family friends and I thought I would be able to find something cool to tell them about the inn. The article on them is nice and the other mentions 1850's. They were actually the only things I had found so far except reviews for the previous owners. I hope it drums up business for them. The start up is the toughest but Mark's food will win them over. Mark and his wife always cooked a gourmet Mother's Day brunch for us after the Susan G. Komen "Race for the Cure" in Philly. They are great people. I actually feel a bit better now. I can usually find anything and thought I was slipping. There really isn't much out there. There is probably something on paper somewhere. Thanks again guys!

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
Here are 2 pictures (you probably already seen these tho)
You may want to go to the library and do some research for previous owners or the courthouse. The local Historical Society may know something as well.

Attachments

• Bake Oven Inn.jpg
    Bake Oven Inn.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 300
  • Bake Oven Inn 2.jpg
    Bake Oven Inn 2.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 285

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread