inspection mat on BGT

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ive only had mine a few weeks but I see plenty of gold as it is. I may be running a little slow but the specks, flecks and flakes tend to hang on to the rough surface just right. I pretty much know a good bucket of dirt from a bad one if I watch.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't do it

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you put a big pile up by the scoop end and watch it, the pile will separate into three distinct layers as it is pushed down the plate. It will be like a little mountain with the lights shedding off the top of the hill, the black sand layer next and the line of gold at the bottom on the plate tagging along. Makes for a good show.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Assayers matting on my BGT?

attachment.php?attachmentid=727&d=1373279696.jpg

I too like to watch for the gold, its like a shooting star sighting. Stop watching, you can look at it all you want in the pan later. Dig more!!! <3

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
p70 is so right!

image-1435636864.jpg

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:tongue3: WHATEVER......NEW SLOGAN....STOP WATCHING...FEED FASTER.....GET MORE!!!!!!:laughing7::headbang:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm still amazed how you can stand in 29 degree water wearing shorts..........

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Amazed as well to say the least.. Pantsaphobic comes to mind Lol.. Just kiddin AU.. You da man!:occasion14:

Gold is best kept safe In the trap. Gold sitting on v-mat is a nice sight but is only in harms way to be carried off by sticky clumps and clay...

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Put on your shorts, take off the mat, shovel more and stop watching the gold slide in!

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

.....its simple he wears rubber boots. lol Say no to the matt it only stops the grizzly from clearing.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold is best kept safe In the trap. Gold sitting on v-mat is a nice sight but is only in harms way to be carried off by sticky clumps and clay...
excellent point!! +100

OP
OP
L

Lefty2u

Dec 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called Todd and asked about putting inspection mat on the BGT. He told me it was okay to do. Just make it at least
five inches away from the grizzly. I put mine six inches away. It worked no problems.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can already sense the rift in the time space continuum.........:tongue3:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
010101010101010101010101010101010101010..............................................

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
? ? ? I might be wrong but is'nt the WHOLE POINT of the BGT, no riffles, no moss, no mats? It just sounds counter productive unless your skipping the "test pan" and using the BGT to prospect the area. AimSmMissSm

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The super mini is actually a good tool if you want to plunk down in a small specific area and run a quick bucket or two to see what it is producing. As for inspection if you are on good gold you can slow the water flow down a little and it's one of the best shows you'll ever see watching the gold makes it's way down the plate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread