Instant Karma... joining the Elite club

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Hi again Treasurenetters! I hope this evening finds you all well, and happy or the best you can be given any particular case. I myself am feeling pretty darned good!

Today I joined some of the ELITE detectorists amoungst us. I'm sure many of you out there have been asked at one time or a dozen by friends, family or even strangers to help find some lost item or trinket using your metal "finder" <smile> And, many of you have FOUND that lost item or trinket. Today I was asked for the second time to help find a lost item. Well not asked today, but searched today. I was asked last week but today was the first day I could get over to hunt for it.
I have an 85 year old Aunt (my mother's sister) that still gets around pretty darned good and she plants and grows her own garden every year. This year, last week, she was setting a bed for lettuce and as she recalled, "had" her wedding/engagement ring (fused together) ~ON~ when she went to the garden, but it was GONE when she got back in the house. To say that she was beside herself would be putting it mildly indeed. Having seen a post I'd made last week on facebook, my aunt sent me a message asking if I'd bring my "machine" over and look for her ring(s). Yes.. 85 years old and on fb ! <smile>
Of course I agreed to come look for her ring, but I'd not be able to make it two towns over to her house until today, this very afternoon. After sitting in the kitchen and chatting a while catching up and what not I finally got my "machine" out of my little truck and fired it up... or tried... the batteries were dead.. NOTHING on the screen... *sigh* Fortunately I had spares in my truck... yeah... I was a boyscout once... <grin>
New batteries in and detector fired up I started at her shed and worked my way to her garden.. I had to unplug my headphones because she cvouldn't hear anything. <chuckle> I explained that most of the bloops and bleeps we were hearing were scrap and nails under the grass in the soil... we were looking for her ring and they would be on the surface. From what she'd told me intially, I was pretty sure I'd find the ring in her garden but I covered all the bases, since I had to walk to the garden anyway. <shrug> Two washers on the edge of the garden had my Aunt starting to worry that her ring was lost for good, but when I got a signall over the middle of her covered lettuce bed she was almost hopping. I pulled the stakes up from the cover and pulled the cover back.... didn't even have to use my pinpointer as I could see the ring right where my Prizm IV said it was... I picked up the ring and handed it to my Aunt and she nearly cried she was so happy. Yeah... that felt pretty darned good!
She was bouncing and standing so much straiter after finding her ring(s) She wanted to know what she could do to repay me... and I told her absolutely NOTHING. No charge, no strings, no demands... just a hug and maybe mention in a prayer this evening. <smile> My family are huggers anyway. <grin>
Yeah... today I joined that Elite club of "do gooders" Finders of lost objects for friends, family, loved ones and even perfect strangers. Maybe I should have bought a lottery ticket on my way home... Surely the Karma would be a bonus! <grin> Instead, I stopped at the Youth Soccer Complex in the next town over on my way home. In just a few minutes over an hour of hunting... the parking lots... and a verge (sideline) of two soccer fields, I found $3.55 in coins. Not bad for an unplanned impromptu quick cherry picking hunt. there's a lot to be said for detecting the grass and gravel parking lots (parking areas) at the parks and sports complexes. Especially if you're just coin shooting... people drop change when they are getting in and out of their cars or pulling keys out of their pockets to get into a locked car. And Gravel (and grass) LOVES coins! <giggle> Especially dimes for some reason.. I find LOTS AND LOTS of dimes in gravel.
So with my gas covered for the trip from my house to my Aunt's house, and home again... I think today was a pretty darned good day. And as if feeling the love wasn't enough, I cooked a very VERY nice steak (purchased last week) for dinner tonight. Even with my wife's help the two of us couldn't finish it in one sitting. Guess what I'm having for luch tomorrow? <grin> So I sit here at the computer this evening feeling "full" from dinner and very good for having made my Aunt so happy finding her ring. Now... If I can only get my foot in the door with some of the older homes (home owners) near my Aunt's house... I might find some really old coins and things... There are homes in this small town predating the civil war by decades or more in some cases. *sigh*.... I've got the word out now.
Anyway... I'll just be happy to bask in the warm glow from today's adventures for a while. If this predicted rainy weather holds off overnight and through the early part of the day tomorrow I might even get back out in the morning to do some MORE detecting... albeit locally.
Happy Hunting everyone!

Frodov

P.S. Sorry... no photos with this post... didn't even think of it till just now. <shrug>

Upvote 10

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome feeling isn't it? Great job

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent job Frodov !! Perhaps your Aunt has a couple of friends in that little town with houses/yards nearby , and she may
tell them how you found her ring and one thing may lead to another - you never know .

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job, there's no better feeling

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job! Congrats!
I bet you Aunt knows a lot of people with old houses in her town, your good karma will be calling any day now!

My very first use of my M6 was in searching for my neighbors wedding band in her yard, and I was praying I had set all the controls right and read the directions well enough. I did and found it. Great feeling isn't it.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread