Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a very fun morning of digging this morning :icon_sunny:. I was back at My neice's 1850 ish house , Still finding a lot of targets . Still mostly clad with an occasional wheatie here and there not a silver coin from here yet :dontknow: . Finding a fair amount of relics though . With my best find being the early 19th century ? gold gilded snuff box with portrait under cut glass . I have not figured out who it is yet ??? Next favorite was the heavy brass coin purse / sorter. I sure wish it had a few coins in it . But was dug up empty . I filled it for the second photo to show you what it should have had in it :laughing9: :laughing9: and some high quality reinactment figurines from England no less : The best part of the day was when the neighbors came over to see what I was doing and were so interested in seeing what was on there land they asked me if I would want to detect it :laughing7: Thanks for looking !! MaineRelic.

Attachments

• IMG_2332.JPG
    IMG_2332.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,080
  • IMG_2333.JPG
    IMG_2333.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,077
  • IMG_2334.JPG
    IMG_2334.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,070
  • IMG_2335.JPG
    IMG_2335.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,080
  • IMG_2338.JPG
    IMG_2338.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,080
  • IMG_2340.JPG
    IMG_2340.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,076
  • IMG_2347-1.JPG
    IMG_2347-1.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,084
  • IMG_2344.JPG
    IMG_2344.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,072
  • IMG_2343.JPG
    IMG_2343.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,072
  • IMG_2345.JPG
    IMG_2345.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,066
  • IMG_2346.JPG
    IMG_2346.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,048
Upvote 0

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, those coins fit PERFECTLY in the case :o Those are some nice relics & such. Congrats on the silver too :thumbsup:

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
I suspect that the "ugly chick" is, in fact, Jesus. But we need someone with a little classic art background as well as being Catholic. Could be any number of saints, though. Neat coin purse. Never seen one with a sorter like that. Where's Breezie for the art and antique background??

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That little snuff box is gorgeous and cleaned up really nice for you Dave! :notworthy:

I love the old spoons you found . . . are there any "keepers" there? :icon_scratch:

Have a great weekend,
Dave

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
More nice finds from that site MR. That snuff box will make a nice addition to your relic collection. HH, Quindy.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool stuff MR , old snuff box is great but what the :o One armed Cavalry soldier ...indian shot it off :laughing7: and the freaky lookin' psycho clown face portrait is CrazyKool :thumbsup: CMDdawg

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Very cool !! :headbang: :hello2:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D
Thanks SWAT !
njnydigger said:
Wow, those coins fit PERFECTLY in the case :o Those are some nice relics & such. Congrats on the silver too :thumbsup:
No silver today digger ! Just in photo for size and demonstration :laughing7: M.R.
Saabman said:
Nice digs!! WTG!!!
Thanks Saabman :icon_sunny: M.R.
testing123 said:
nice mix of finds! too bad that box didn't have any coins in it.
I know that would have been awesome ! Thanks for looking ! M.R.
SouthJerseyJim said:
Man that chick sure is ugly! :laughing9: Cool finds :headbang:
It appears to be a man ! Yes a very ugly man :laughing9: M.R.
High Plains Digger said:
I suspect that the "ugly chick" is, in fact, Jesus. But we need someone with a little classic art background as well as being Catholic. Could be any number of saints, though. Neat coin purse. Never seen one with a sorter like that. Where's Breezie for the art and antique background??
I don;t know who is in the Portrait on the snuff box ?? You think a Saint ?? Why ?? M.R.
ANTIQUARIAN said:
That little snuff box is gorgeous and cleaned up really nice for you Dave! :notworthy:

I love the old spoons you found . . . are there any "keepers" there? :icon_scratch:

Have a great weekend,
Dave
Thanks Dave I was very happy with the snuffbox , No silver spoon today all plated ! Thanks for looking ! M.R.
dfx willy said:
looks like a real fun hunt bud!pretty cool little assortment ya got. ;D willy
I did have a fun hunt ! Thanx Willy ! M.R.
johnnyblaze said:
Those are some amazing relics :thumbsup:

My kind of hunt for sure :icon_thumleft:

Blaze
Thanks Johnny ! I am having fun on this site ! M.R.
VOL1266-X said:
More nice finds from that site MR. That snuff box will make a nice addition to your relic collection. HH, Quindy.
Thanks Quindy ! I have a room I can dedicate for displaying one I remodel it . I better get on it ! :icon_sunny:
CMDiamonddawg said:
Cool stuff MR , old snuff box is great but what the :o One armed Cavalry soldier ...indian shot it off :laughing7: and the freaky lookin' psycho clown face portrait is CrazyKool :thumbsup: CMDdawg
I am glad you liked the post Dawg ! Photography is anothr fun aspect of this Hobby !

naviegunner

May 26, 2011
Las Vegas, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
M.R. without a closeup of the pic, what this may be, and i'm no expert, is a death keepsake box, back in the victorian era and thru the 1940's was have portraits made/take photos of, the dead and put them in albums, lockets or boxes with a piece of hair, a copy of the funeral notice or news clippings, etc.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good digs!! killer finds!!! MR TUFF

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am amazed at the condition of the action figurines is spectacular......hard to believe that the enamel has held up that well for all this time. Oh yeah, it is too bad the cowboy had his arm hacked off. Maybe you will find it later and make him whole again. Altogether great finds!!!

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
alot of targets in that yard! cool deal on the house next door too! is that a real fun all rusted? :icon_scratch:

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread