Interactive Map of ghost ships and dead pirates from the Oak Island area.

Rum Tide

Apr 28, 2019
The Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Yukon Coin Hustler II, Vibra-Tector 740, Pulse Dive (2), Equinox 600, Equinox 800 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ghost map.jpg

MUN student tracks ghastly tales with interactive map of Ghost ships, dead pirates and phantoms.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/ghost-ships-map-mun-1.5543555?fbclid=IwAR1ja64C2OehV6FAZPd5tIEratmhnJt2U_X7DVmXY9yxgS7lZtRYnw-8Z4U

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's Newfoundland. Hardly "Oak Island Area". Boston, MA is as close to Oak Island as any of those yellow dots. ;-)

OP
OP
Rum Tide

Rum Tide

Apr 28, 2019
The Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Yukon Coin Hustler II, Vibra-Tector 740, Pulse Dive (2), Equinox 600, Equinox 800 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From where I am standing, Boston is also in the Oak Island area ;-)

SSR

Sep 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cuper's Cove colony in Newfoundland was a Francis Bacon colonization project ca 1610. You can invoke a lot of the same characters that people want to attribute to OI to early Newfoundland, including the Norse and the Scraelings. I have an ancestor, an American privateer, who was captured just off the coast of Newfoundland and forced to serve on the ship of the British pirate John Phillips. They later mutinied and sailed the ship back to Baltimore where there was a famous trial. A book was written about it. It's considered to be one of the best documented accounts of such a turn of events that exists.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I love stories like that.I would love to explore all the ocean floors in a Sub of course Im sure its not possible cause of the weight of the water. There has to be sooooooo much stuff in the ocean treasures and treasures. Cities lost long ago ,planes ect fascinating to just think about

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions