Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to New Orleans today to City Park ( one of the oldest city parks in the nation ) and I found a 1945 Mercury dime in a medicine bottle with a note. It asked that I put it on a Facebook page, but I don't have Facebook so we'll see. As you can see I have to work on my ground balancing. Lol I also got a permission while I was there from a doctor who said his wife inherited a property Uptown that's been in her family for 100 years and he bought a cheap detector and couldn't figure it out. Bad news was the house was being gutted so it was full of scrap metal, so I only stayed an hour. I'm gonna bring my buddy JoeDirty to help with the top trash and then will hit it hard. I did manage to come out with 3 Wheaties and a 1960 Washington. Great day.

Here's some pictures of our beautiful City Park and the Uptown house in New Orleans. View attachment 1428833 View attachment 1428834 View attachment 1428835 View attachment 1428836 View attachment 1428837 View attachment 1428838 View attachment 1428839 View attachment 1428840 View attachment 1428841 View attachment 1428843 View attachment 1428844

"I DIG HISTORY"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 6

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_outstanding.gif
Nice finds Truth!

Cosmo3

Feb 8, 2017
Chattanooga, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Hori-Hori Knife, Gerber Folding Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet, that one picture has a killer old tree, beautiful. I believe the hottest summer I every spend was one year in New Orleans, what I call air you can wear. Wake up and its 90 with 90% humility. Good pictures as always truth.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truth, great finds and looks like a nice hunt. The house looks like the type that probably has something hidden in a wall,since you probably can't look clue the owner in to watch for boxes buried in the walls. As for the park,beautiful!!!, I would have had a hard time between wanting to hunt and grabbing good book and leaning back against one of those big, beautiful trees and relaxing for a while in peace. Bet a lot of people did the same and coins, etc. were lost in those ares and the picnics under them. . . Nice! Good luck on the lot of that house once it is out, may just have more hidden treasures waiting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread