Interesting dime rolls

maxgold84

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2013
This morning I picked up some rolls of dimes. I only scored on 1 roll that had 1 1964, but I did find two very interesting rolls. Two rolls, which appeared to be very old had only 1965, 1966, and 1967 dimes in them. All in BU condition. I think that I'm the only person that has seen these coins in years. To my knowledge they are just worth face value, but I'm not positive. Has anyone had a similar experience? Are they worth anything?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of rolls were they? Wrapped by a coin service (Loomis, Brinks, etc.), or by your bank, or "customer wrapped"? I've seen some little "mini-runs" of older BU-type stuff in bank-wrapped and Loomis rolls. Not entire rolls of them, but where I'd get 1-2 in every roll. I think this happens when someone dumps an old collection and it gets back in to circulation. If you get lucky and get the right rolls, you can get a lot of nice stuff all at once.

I'm not sure on the value, but I'd think mid-60's in BU would be worth at least slightly more than face.

OP
OP
maxgold84

maxgold84

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2013
They are customer wrapped rolls. Even if I can't get any more than face value for them, I will hold on to them. They could have a numismatic value someday.

Attachments

• image-769268869.jpg
    image-769268869.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 76

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are customer wrapped rolls. Even if I can't get any more than face value for them, I will hold on to them. They could have a numismatic value someday.

That's what I would do too. I pull out & save at least a few of anything that approaches unc condition, if I can afford to have the money tied up in it. Worst comes to worst, you can always just cash it in later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread