Interesting find to me

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to a park a few months back and scanned the sand area by some baby swings. I got a "choppy" signal but dug anyway. This was what I found:
IMG_0466.JPG
It is what I believe to be the decorative part of a stud earring. It looked gold at first in the light but looking over it there was signs of wear. :BangHead: When I showed a family member this, they said they believe it is actually a button. I said it looks too small and decorative to be a button. What do you guys think, button or stud earring? GL & HH!! :skullflag:

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I vote neither. Looks more like random decoration to me. A button is usually smooth around the edges to make it easier to poke them through a button hole. Yours would tear up that hole in short order if it were a button. It looks a bit big and clunky to be an earring. Is there evidence of a mounting stud or loop on the back side?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Little collar type pin, tie tack maybe?

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've found quite a few good targets by digging that "choppy" probably trash signal.
luvsdux

Dec 5, 2013
Springfield, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tie tack with broken stud. Can't tell from the pic, but look close at the spot in the middle of the back. Does it appear to have a part broken off there? No doubt that's why it was in the dirt and not in someone's jewelry box :)

OP
OP
krymesolvr93

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes it does appear broken. Knew that missing part was a pin, judging size. Never thought about tie tacks though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread