FloridianRebel

Tenderfoot
Dec 14, 2015
Oldsmar Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday it was getting late in the afternoon and I wanted to get at least an hour of metal detecting in before it got dark.I walked to a field behind my house where a small marshy area was.I eagerly scanned the surrounding ground with my Teknetics Delta 4000 detector and with each and every find my enthusiasm dwindled.Cans were coming up as 75-80 on my detector so of course I dug each and every one....Until I scanned one particular area near the marshy ground.The number 90 flashed on my screen and its depth was 6+" deep.I dug down three inches and got my pinpointer out and proved around...nothing.I dug down 6" and still couldn't find anything.At 7" I came across a shiny metal object that appeared to be rather large.To make a long story short I came across a 1964 Rambler Classic 770 Wagon hubcap.Yes I kept it! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450451659.656084.jpg

Upvote 6

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
back in the 70's 80's we used to have tons of them.
(yea exaggeration to make my point, but)
We always picked up Hub Caps.

A couple Months ago I stopped for one just below My Place.
Was plastic & had a piece Broken off :(
No fun any more :( Not even worth stopping.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FloridianRebel

Tenderfoot
Dec 14, 2015
Oldsmar Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So when they drove their cars,all they heard was rattling?Brilliant childhood prank.I bet the owners were baffled about the noise that was emitting from their tires.I can only imagine....

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WELCOME NEW MEMBER , I SEE YOU FOUND A FLYING SAUCER ,NICE . I HAVE FOUND A COUPLE TOO THAT HAD THESE WEIRD NAMES ON THEM LIKE CHEV AND FORD , OLDS MAYBE THEY ARE TRYING TO TELL US SOMETHING. NICE FIND ,...

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, I have found several cool hubcaps and hood ornaments in my woods excursions as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread