Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had time for a hunt at the scout camp before we leave for the beach. I worked over and went out further out on a site I haven’t done for several years and then did a quick clean out of recent losses from 2 sites I did last year. I was surprised at how many coins were lost in the year. Almost all of them were on top of the dirt under leaves or just under the dirt where heavy rains had washed some dirt over them. This hunting went more quickly, because I have cleaned out most of the melted aluminum and other trash in past hunts. That makes the ground pretty quiet until you get over a recent loss.

I spent 6 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 123 coins with a face value of $12.52, 86 camp tent pegs, a 2009 British five pence, a Catholic medal, 2 round balls, a scout attendance medal, 4 military blanks, 2 neckerchief slides, a bunch of sinkers, 2 rope tensioners, a broken whistle, a fishing lure, 3 metal work merit badge projects, some personal tent pegs, an aluminum can, 3 tabs and a little melted aluminum from the campfires.

DSCN3172.jpeg

IMG_8372.jpeg

The five pence was a surprise. I don’t get many foreign coins from the camp. The religious medal is tiny and has been in the dirt for a while. It was on the edge of the site and has been missed on previous hunts.

DSCN3173.jpeg

The scout attendance pin with the 1 YEAR bar was also on the edge of the site and has been there a long time. They stopped using these a good while ago. The round ball on the left has a nice cot of lead oxide and could be old. The one on the right looks like a recent loss. it Is hard to be certain about the age of roundballs found in this context. The 3 copper pieces with solder on them are metal working merit badge projects, probably neckerchief slides.

DSCN3174.jpeg

DSCN3175.jpeg

The whistle also came from the edge of the site and has been there a while. Long enough for the solder that held the 2 pieces together to weaken so it fell apart. It is a B.G.I.C.O. ECHO 620 and has some age on it. This is over 40 years old and the camp is just over that age so my guess is that someone brought a vintage whistle from home and do what kids do, loose things in the leaves.

DSCN3177.jpeg

So just one hunt this week before I hit the beach. Wish me luck, I think I’ll need it. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 17

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds from the buy scouts! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE FINDS :) How many digging tools did you wear out LOL J/K thanks for posting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread