Interesting morning

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
This was an interesting morning. The weather was great, the water flat. It was high tide but what the hey.... can't always have perfect conditions. I didn't get to hunt for long and started getting hits right off the bat. Problem was... they were all pull tabs or bottle caps! Sheesh. I did get a couple pieces of jagged metal, a flower made out of some kind of metal and a blob. Now I have no idea what this blob could be. I've cleaned it and still can't tell what it can be. It sort of sparkles like gold but I don't think it is that. It is just a blob. As for the flower, I don't know what that is made of either. Hold it one way and it looks like silver but cleaning it did nothing to bring out the shine of silver. Turn it over and it has some gold sparkles. So I think it may have been something attached to a strap, belt, suit ??????? some kind of cheap metal that may have been covered with gold paint at one time??? I don't know. So my total finds for today were 3 pennies, a flower something, a blob, a bullet casing (I think that is what it is called) and the usual pull tabs and bottle caps. For an hour.... not too bad. I'll take it. :wink:

Junknmoney090708.jpg

Flower090708.jpg

blob090708.jpg

Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the blob is almost certainly melted aluminum

HH
-GC

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You my friend are a diehard asset to this hobby.. You keep on going, atta girl Mumzie, am proud of ya :thumbsup:

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
wow, im always amazed at how many pulltabs you find. nice to hear from you tho, and glad to see you enjoyed a day out at the beach!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate these blobs of Alum as they can be quite deep. Nice job. :thumbsup:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
that is a bit of holy metal from a redneckus tribal rite -- they gather on the beach at night fishing and drinking their holy pee water brew and them toss the holder of the holy pee water into their camp fires after they drink it -- these items melt into the blobs like you found . --- :wink: Ivan

note the steel bottle tops and take a hint -- from them --beer drnkers there at night since you can't do it during the day (drinking in public is a no no on beaches)

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol sounds like Ivan has the correct terminology of the blobs for ya. Looks like you had an interesting day indeed and sure glad you got to get out! Someday I will figure a way to go join ya! :wink:

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID
Looks like those bottle caps have been in the sand for some time - and here I thought we must surely have cleaned the beaches by now of the old ones since that is about all I am finding, too.

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mums - my last spin in the bay a few days ago - it was interesting also

may give it another spin today

good luck to u and to all u other looters and plunderR's