Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah a lot of detectors will not sound off on that target, i have no idea why.....but if I was on the right site I'd dig everyone of those signals.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. I wonder what would happen if nickels and pennies were added?

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I notice you leave it discriminating out iron. What happens if you turn on all metal? I bet at least you'd get a big signal. That is pretty weird. Most machines will give you a 'big iron' signal at least. I would think it would read 39-40 . Hmm thanks for the heads up.

skarmajunga

Feb 25, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Fisher F75
XP Deus
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher CZ7A Pro
Well thats interesting, im gone try this when i get home from work

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I notice you leave it discriminating out iron. What happens if you turn on all metal? I bet at least you'd get a big signal. That is pretty weird. Most machines will give you a 'big iron' signal at least. I would think it would read 39-40 . Hmm thanks for the heads up.

Yeah Tommy that wasn’t me in the video I saw it on YouTube

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting.....no silver hoards in an air test, but, it will hit a big old aluminum can at 2 feet underground! Something weird going on here.

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That aint cool at all...
Makes me wish I had a Hoard worth of Silver Laying around to test out my AT Max.....
Can anyone confirm this issue on other detectors besides the Minelabs?

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry Truth just call me an old skeptic but something in this video does not add up.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it possible that he is too close to the silver? Maybe the machine is nulling out, IE overloading. I would ask him to raise the coil and see what happens.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting.....no silver hoards in an air test, but, it will hit a big old aluminum can at 2 feet underground! Something weird going on here.

Cuss you ain’t lying there! I dug 8, foot and a have aluminum cans next to a sand river by my house. BUT i know it will also hit CW brass Calvary hat pins at the same depth and it was the same exact VDI..... happened that very day. No idea why I keep digging them like that? I guess it’s because it’s moist sand and I’m used to digging in that hard Louisiana clay asphalt. But I’m sure glad I did [emoji4].

Last edited:

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it possible that he is too close to the silver? Maybe the machine is nulling out, IE overloading. I would ask him to raise the coil and see what happens.

I had the same thought when I first saw the video, I also noticed he lowered the sensitivity and did a noise cancel (may not have any thing to do with it not detecting the silver), but if you are going to do a factory reset why change couple settings just move the coil higher if to sensitivity. As with any new product the naysayers are going to come out of the wood work.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That aint cool at all...
Makes me wish I had a Hoard worth of Silver Laying around to test out my AT Max.....
Can anyone confirm this issue on other detectors besides the Minelabs?

You know that’s a good question I’ve never even thought of test my bars on any of my other detectors. At Max, F75 LTD.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I can tell you that I wish it had overload on big iron and shallow aluminum cans. I think that’s one of the things minelab slipped on with the equinox.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the same thought when I first saw the video, I also noticed he lowered the sensitivity and did a noise cancel (may not have any thing to do with it not detecting the silver), but if you are going to do a factory reset why change couple settings just move the coil higher if to sensitivity. As with any new product the naysayers are going to come out of the wood work.

Well it’s common sense he either tried to deceive us or he sucks at detecting. Gotta be 1 of the 2.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know enough about how these machines are made but, lets hope its an easy fix with software. If its hardware that allows for an overload signal then be looking for the Equinox 800-V2 Coming soon, to a dealer near you!

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

CharlesUpstateNY

Nov 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This video looks like BS to me, tell him to dig up the cast iron sink buried below the silver.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This video looks like BS to me, tell him to dig up the cast iron sink buried below the silver.

I don't think it's bs. He said he talked to Minelab and they told him they are working on a fix meaning they are aware of the issue. I would say its just another bug that needs to be worked out. I am sure Minelab will find a solution.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread